“very disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballycastle
Silvercliffs Holiday Park
Bangor, United Kingdom
“very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

me and my partner and 18 month old daughter were on our first trip together.The swiss lodge looked great on the internet..however after paying 350 pound for three nights we were very disappointed.it was dirty and right at the entrance gates so it was very unsafe for our baby. nothing like the picture showed us.it was very dirty,not well maintained,it smelt very bad aswell.no room for travel cot.no soap,broken worktop,shower hadnt been washed in quite a while.outside areas where not child friendly,either a muddy patch or a road.on the other hand we left 2 hours after arrival with our money bank and the staff were extremely helpful and understanding and give us a full refund.

Room Tip: dont choose the swiss lodge.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank lynsey i

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lisburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I are just back from staying at Causeway Coast,and we were very disappointed with the lack of on site facilities. The pool rarely opened,and the games room closed at a ridiculously early time,so much so that we decided to leave the Park 4 days early,I have emailed Hagan Holidays, but as yet haven't received a reply.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Dorrieb65

Travellers are raving about these Ballycastle hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Took advantage of the may/June online offer and stayed in an apartment on Father's Day weekend got this offer for £100 pounds after a bit of negotiating as they didn't say online that the price went up cause of it being Father's Day weekend lol very clean friendly place the gawn inn was very child friendly as most bars are not would definitely stay again ballycastle is a great location and town people r very welcoming

• Stayed June 2013
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have sytayed quite a few times here in different types of accomadation with our granchildren, but the apartment is the best.
Kitchen equiped with everything you need, great big table for dining and 2 bedrooms, one double, which was a bit cramped, knocked knee a few times on the bedpost, and the twin room which was fine, big toilet.
Electric is expensive at £8 a night, but we got it at a good price so I am not complaining.

All spotlessly clean, pool great, you pay extra for this.

Food in the bar, not gourmet but good and the kids enjoyed it.
Not a lot to do within the park, but we were out and about all the time anyway.
Handyman very cheery and helpfull, credit to the park.

We will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Booked 6 berth mobile through Daily Mail reader holidays. Couldn find van at first, no wonder, it was at the back of ther service area where all the vans needing repair seemed to be. Van was fairly clean but fridge had mould growing and had to clean before use. Paid around £8 a night for electric, £10 per bed per night for linen, yet in Hagans own brochure it quotes, linen £5 per bed per night. Van was cold and draughty, bedroom windows had about an inch gap all,round, had to stuff with plastic bags. On second night our electric went off, when reported next dy I was told I should have phoned the numbering the information pack, took at least 4 attempts before I could get through to them that without light we couldn't see the number. It is not displayed anywhere in the van. We left a day early, only so much hardship you can take. I too was told the refund would be posted to me. We only left today so don't know whether refund will be forthcoming. I think the newspaper reader holidays should reevaluate and keep a closer eye on what services are provided in their behalf. After paying the £60'to Daily Mail, we received a sizeable further bill from Hagans which did not make it such a bargain after all.

We rented a similar caravan 20 years ago in silver cliffs and had the same problem, electric cutting off when I put cooker on, we eventually had to be moved to an apartment, I thought after 20 years things might have improved. Clearly not.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tradsinger
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We had a 2 bedroom caravan which was well equipped and clean. It was just out of season so it was quiet. It was a great place to explore the causeway coast and not too far from Belfast. It is walking distance from the town centre. The staff were helpful and friendly and we got our £30 deposit back within 2 weeks of leaving. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David J
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

We have stayed at this caravan park a few times. Both times we have had to make a deposit payment of £30.00, I don't think they ever intend to repay this, unless people ring to enquire about it. Both times I was told I damaged the accommodation, which was untrue. After at least 2 months ringing/emails about this, they realised any error had been made and a cheque would be sent. I'm still waiting on this from my October break 2012

No entertainment on site for the kids, swimming pool closed, shop closed most of the time? The staff on the site are nice, not so good at the head office

I really don't think the service we received is good enough.

Lindsey