Stayed for 2 nights over the Twelth. The weather was glorious which brought with it a lot of unexpected customers, residents and passing footfall but they coped admirably. The staff are mostly young and inexperienced.. They lack that certain catering finesse and experience at this stage but I found that charming and indeed I don't think anyone expected the influx of visitors they had as the hotel is only recently reopened after a 3 year closure. What they lacked in training was more than compensated by big bright smiles, great manners and explanations when things ran a bit slow. Meals in Marconi were of a tasty bistro style. The fish tasted of the sea it was so fresh. The breakfast was wonderful. Big bowls of freshly cut fruit- not the tinned variety you are often served up in hotels. The rooms were large and comfortable ( 205) though with sea view rooms can get a bit noisy but that's grand because you are there on holidays and can get a lie in. Overall this hotel has made a great start and will be an asset to the area- not least as it will bring employment to the area and if they are wise and recruit locally, they will gain a loyal following from the local communities which will keep it afloat during the leaner winter months. All in all, a great experience and I will enjoy returning to see how their training has progressed under less pressure- but please, don't get too posh. The big smiles and easy ambience of the staff and hotel is what gives it it's charm and identity in these times of the big conglomerates!! Well done to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marine Hotel Ballycastle offers an unrivalled seafront location in the heart of the iconic North Antrim Causeway Coast. Boasting 31 bedrooms designed with space and comfort in mind, a fully licensed Bar & Bistro and versatile event space. A short drive from the world famous Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery and Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, with Game of Thrones Film locations on our doorstep including The Dark Hedges and Ballintoy Harbour. Surrounded by the world class golf links of Ballycastle, Portstewart, Castlerock and Royal Portrush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Marine Hotel Ballycastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marine Hotel And Country Club
- Marine Hotel Country
- Marine Hotel Ballycastle Northern Ireland