“A great spot”
Review of 1868 Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

1868 Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Belfast, NI
“A great spot”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

1868 is located overlooking The Mall in Armagh, and is a lovely old building, very tastefully decorated inside. We only called in for a quiet afternoon latte but, from a nosey around, & a look at the menu, I'd love to go back for a meal.

“disappointing”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went here 2 weeks ago to celebrate my mum's 80th. birthday. The food was a complete disaster. I ordered chicken wings to start and found them dried up and tasteless. Main course was king prawn stir fry which had the smallest king prawns I have ever seen and came in a glutinous sweet and sour sauce. Even the assistant manager had to agree the food was bad and he removed several items from the bill. Best advice I can give is to avoid this place.

3 Thank pgrimley
Armagh
“Early bird”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I ordered the black olive, feta cheese salad but didn't get any black olives in it. I also ordered the steak with pepper sauce and had to ask for the sauce!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Maria G
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Tasty fayre without the sauce”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A great Saturday night meal. Super, efficient, unobtrusive service.
Lovely starter followed my a perfect steak with a flavour that doesn't require the pepper sauce it was served with however the sauce was tasty too.
My friend had the Jacobs Ladder main course which he says was delicious too!
The accompanying wine list was very adequate, catering for all tastes and price ranges.
The hearty Apple and Fruit Crumble dessert rounded off what was a lovely evening.
I do think we'll be back.

“sunday lunch”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had sunday lunch with some friends-roast beef with two pieces of carrot and two tiny pieces of brocollli-very little gravy on dinner so asked for more from waitress,after 10mins had to go and ask again- eventually got a tiny jug of gravy .Desserts were very disappointing especially the lemon tart which was definitely not homemade.However when I checked my bill when I got home I couldnt believe I had been charged £2-50 for the extra gravy! Will stick to hotels for sunday lunch in future.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank annvale35
ArmaghRestaurant, Public Relations Manager at 1868 Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear annvale,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, it is only with constructive feedback that we can improve upon our standards. We are very sorry that on this occasion we didn’t live up to the high standards we set ourselves. Your comments have been shared with our kitchen and front of house teams and we have addressed all issues you describe internally. Thanks again for your feedback. Regards, Niall.