“christmas treat”

Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Armagh
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Casual neighbourhood style bistro, working hard, shouting about local food heroes, cooking local food with an Aussie twist trying to share food that makes you smile. Serving local craft beer and cider, importers of Aussie beer, wines sourced from the vineyards, freshly made cocktails, Bespoke Uluru roast of coffee, single origin coffee, Josper Grill cooking local steaks, Pizza oven baking stone baked pizzette, full kids menu. Desserts made in house.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My work colleagues and me have dined here these past 10 years each Christmas. We cannot bypass it - its on our doorstep, staff are attentive, its reasonably priced and the food - well, that's the main reason we come, its clean plates all round so no need to say anymore!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Through friends on Twitter I have been following the Uluru twitter account for about two years. Always looking for an opportunity to dine there! Finally this weekend past myself and my wife got to eat there.

I have to say it was with a level of nervousness! I have looked and the photo's of food for a long time and read other reviews and was afraid we would then be disappointed! I shouldn't have worried! It exceeded our expectations are more.

We dined like royalty!

We were presented with menus and the starters board and drinks were offered while we chose our meals. The staff were very knowledgeable on what was on the menu! they knew the ingredients and the flavours.

We started with a complimentary Amuse Bouche - an asian flavoured pork dumpling - excellent!

Our starters were:

Tam Yam soup and Scallops in a broth. Both excellent and the amount of fish in the soup was incredible.

This was followed by a beautiful inhouse produced Sorbet

Main course

1) Kangaroo and 2)Rib eye with Cray fish. Both cooked to perfection and great sized portions.

Desserts

A beautiful mixed chocolate and sorbet and an Apple mille feuille.

Wine was a fantastic fruity Merlot and also some locally produced McIvors cider.

There is nothing worse than having a fantastic meal and then getting cheap coffee! Not happening in Uluru! A beautiful simple Americano. Again the staff were ale to fill us in that is was locally roasted.

Uluru is a must visit for anyone in Armagh.

Thanks for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sunday May 4th Dinner for 4 with a carafe of Kelly Shiraz House Wine 123Stg.
For starters two had goats cheese and two had potato and leek soup. The cheese was pleasant and excellent for Irish palates but having spent much time in France not nearly as strong as I would have liked. For the main course we ordered two Kangeroo steaks both rare, one trio of fish and lamb. All were artistically presented and the lamb was superb. The fish was lovely and perfectly cooked and the steaks came rare as ordered with sweet potato chips. Having never tried Kangeroo before I think I will stick to beef and their 28 day aged fillet steak looks tempting for my next visit. The service was excellent and professional.Two of our cappuccinos were a little cold but overall an excellent meal and well worth another visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent goats cheese starter, followed by a nice duck with noodles main that was ok very well presented and the soup/sauce was very nice but the whole dish did not have the wow flavour it looked like it. Staff excellent very attentive.

Best meal I have had in Armagh by far I just not writing reviews of the others as they were so poor, the city hotel in particular!!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Uluru is a gem in the centre of Armagh city. I tend to return here with the family about four times a year. There's something for all tastes, whether you need a hearty plateful of comfort food, something a little more delicate and subtle, or a slice of kangaroo to remind you that the chef started his days in Australia. Vegetarians are catered for properly, too. The food is of consistently great quality and prepared with great care and consistency. If you ask for a variation of what's on the menu you can be sure your request will be attended to. The location, right below the cathedral, only adds to the pleasure of visiting here.