“A lovely,friendly retreat on the edge of town yet still country”

Fairylands Country House
Ranked #3 of 13 Armagh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The owners Francis and Maureen treated us like family. Beautiful home, large rooms with a pretty view of the country. Hope to return again. We arrived late in the evening and were greeted with a cup of tea and a warm welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairylands Country House

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Beautiful country setting and a short distance to downtown. Hosts were wonderful and felt like family. Would return in a heartbeat. The breakfast was wonderful. The rooms spacious with a view. This was my first visit but I am hoping it is only the first. I traveled with my sister and both of us loved this place.

Room Tip: All the bedrooms were country quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This B&B was and continues to be a real find for me, so my husband joined me this time. He agreed with me that the breakfast is super. The rooms are spacious and well kitted out. The owners go the extra distance to make sure our stay is perfect. This is now my fourth stay and over the years Fairylands has become the place for me to take a break in the middle of an Irish trip when I need to really unwind. The cab fare out of downtown Armagh City is only about 4 pounds, and a stay in the tranquility of the countryside makes that more than worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We discovered this lovely Bed & Breakfast about nine years ago on our first trip to Armagh for the Annual William Kennedy Piping Festival extravganza. Since then we've made a fair few return visits because we reallly like the place. Located just five minutes drive away from the town, you really are in the Country - the view across the field & the little copper beech hedge in front of the house which gives a myriad of little birds shelter & food, its the perfect place to just take five minutes time out & enjoy the peace & quiet. The rooms are spacious, clean & comfortable & having use of the lounge to relax in is a great addition. Breakfast is always top notch & served with a smile & a bit of a wee chat Maureen really is an genuinely caring & kind hostess. You can keep your fancy hotels & good luck to you - as far as we are concerned, Fairylands is magic & we will be back !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped here for a night to visit Armagh during a drive from Belfast to Westport. This was a great choice for a night! The guesthouse was just off the main road leading to the western part of the country.

Maureen was so welcoming during our night at her beautiful country home overlooking farmland. It was so peaceful, quiet and beautiful. The Navan heritage site was just down the road and downtown area was an easy drive or short taxi ride away. Our room was large and spotless with two beds. We enjoyed our full Irish breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovetoTravel2828
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Maureen was a lovely hostess during this off-season overnight stay. She was kind enough to accommodate my timetable. The bed was comfortable and the room and bath well kept. The breakfast was fit for a king, and to my surprise, Maureen even poured hot water on the windows of my car rental to de-ice them. If you're planning on staying in Armagh, I highly recommend Fairylands Country House.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fairylands Country House was such a wonderful place to stay. My husband, MIL, FIL, and my husband's uncle were all traveling from the States in Ireland for 9 days. This was our first stop and it was the perfect introduction to the lovely charm of this country. Maureen welcomed us with a smile and made us feel right at home. Our accommodations were great. Wonderfully sized rooms, nicely decorated and clean, clean, clean. So nice after traveling long hours to feel at home. I wish we could have stayed longer than 2 days. Breakfast was fresh and good and filling! Full cooked breakfast or lighter continental type if you prefer. Nice Internet service is provided in each room along with TV and ensuite bathrooms I cannot say enough good things about Maureen and her bed and breakfast. We all loved her!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank californiagirl92592
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armagh
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 13 in Armagh
Hillview Lodge
Hillview Lodge
#2 of 13 in Armagh

Been to Fairylands Country House? Share your experiences!