“This is THE Indian in Armagh”
Review of Shapla

Shapla
Ranked #14 of 62 Restaurants in Armagh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Restaurant and Takeaway.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is Indian food as good as any you will find. There really is no need to look elsewhere for your favourite dishes, properly spiced, plus all the sides and sundries you need. It makes a huge difference to the quality of life in the city. Use it every week for takeaway.

1  Thank Ian L
There are newer reviews for Shapla

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Have been a few times and only getting to review now. Can only say that i have enjoyed every single visit. Always a warm welcome from staff,restaurant always so cosy too. Have attended for tues night special which always sees a good crowd. At £9·95 its hard to beat. Have tried many dishes on the menu,waiter always close by to help with choices. Advisable to book for weekends. Hoping to return again over easter hols. Favourite Indian restaurant at the minute

4  Thank kittymck47
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have eaten here quite a few times and I have never been disappointed!
My partner and I have tried many of their dishes and we are yet to come across something we dislike. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody looking a lovely atmosphere and a delicious meal for really reasonable prices!

2  Thank Beth T
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Eaten her for 1st time few days ago and was very good and tasty will almost certainly be returning.. Well priced. Madras was beautiful.

1  Thank cathyboo2012
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Visited Shapla on Saturday night with my sisters and my Dad after a last minute impulse decision to 'go for an Indian'. Hadn't been there before but checked it out on Facebook and were impressed by the good reviews. We weren't disappointed. The food was delicious. Fresh and delicately spiced. All of the dishes were very mild, even my lamb rogan josh which is normally a medium spiced dish. Actually the Tikka Masala was spicer than the rogan josh. If you like hot food I would ask them to increase the spice level. That said everything was very tasty. The Bombay Aloo was a bit different from any I've had before but so good we ordered a second portion. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the restaurant was nice and warm (in my experience Indian restaurants can often scrimp on the heating and I always were a jumper but that wasn't need here).
All in all we were very impressed and will definitely be back again soon.