“New location, same great food !”
Review of Stonebridge Restaurant Richhill - CLOSED

Stonebridge Restaurant Richhill
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Original Stonebridge restaurant in Richhill, Co Armagh and now under the new managment of Botanic Inns.
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We always visit when we come to see family as the food is good and service friendly . The new location is lovely , lots of space and great decor. The carvery was welcome after an unexpectedly freezing May walk out . The waiter (I think he's from Turkey) could not do enough for my little girl , a nice touch as so many places are not child friendly . Look forward to our next visit when we are over from England!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We went to the stonebridge in its old premises, and I cannot wait to visit it in its new home as all I have heard has been positive. The food was delicious, the service (our waiter was called Steven) was fantastic and we had an overall lovely time. Looking forward to going back again. The Caesar salad was the best I've ever had!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We went to Stonebridge restaurant in its new site beside the filling station up the road on the left last week for Sunday lunch and it was lovely tasty food with nice tender meat.
It was very cold though and we could not eat it - I would not serve cold dinner at home so why go out and pay for cold food. We asked the waitress to heat them both up in the microwave which is not to my choice at all but i needed the dinner to be hotter and she took them away for 5 mins and then returned them to us which we were grateful for as we were very hungry by then.
After tucking in yet again i noticed my dinner was indeed still cold but very tasty so i had a choice - walk out or eat cold dinner. The folk on both sides of our table asked us about the cold dinner and both said theirs was 'not too warm either''
This was not acceptable to me as the meal cost £25. for 2 with deserts and on paying I told the man in charge it was cold and that i would not be back but he never even offered a discount.
We could see people all around just settling for cold food but surely this is not right by anyones standards.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I'm writing this because I would like to use it more but always come away unimpressed. The atmosphere is like an airport, cold with TV on in background. I would suggest they dress the tables because at £40 per head this is an expensive roadside cafe. The food also suffers from the sweet chilli bottle sauce problem meaning the sauces let the good food down.
Based on the current setup they would be better going back to Ell's type Chicken Maryland which their is a market for and the site really suits.
I hope they take this in the way it's intended.
Ps Can really really recommend Sally McNally for good food at the right price in a reasonable setting.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

lovely place to go for a meal anytime of the day great menu great food maybe a little pricey but sometimes you have to pay a little more for quality