“Exceptional :)”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: fine dining
Reviewed 1 May 2013

From the minute you pull up outside you know you are in for an experience. Welcomed by John and his team you are guided through their tasteful menu with extensive specials. A wonderful wine list with John on hand to advise. I have now visited Mill Street on 3 occassions and never been disappointed. I can't wait until I'm back on Saturday :)

1  Thank cors29
macsmacs, General Manager at Mill Street Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review of your evening at Mill St. It is always a pleasure to have patrons who appreciate what Mill St. is about. I look forward to your next visit and assure you of my personal attention. Kind regards John

Reviewed 10 February 2013

A superb restaurant, John and his team make for a fabulous night. We have ate here many times, the food is always great, with loads of specials, which are explained fully. Nothing is too much bother. Be sure to book.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended to my husband who booked us in on Saturday night as a suprise for our wedding anniversary. Small and interesting on the outside and small and interesting in the inside! A converted house,we were greeted by the owner John when we entered and shown straight to a small table for two. Our menu was presented and all the specials explained. The menu is quite fancy with a medium sized selection of dishes, not for people who are plain eaters! I had melon for starter which was served with an amazing sorbet and parma ham. Hubbie had a Duck starter, 10/10 for both starters. I should say we ate our meal upstairs at a nice table for two, this is not a large restaurant, its very compact and small but beautifully decorated in silver,black and aqua blue tones. The service is excellent and loads of staff to wait on you. The main course was equally perfect, I had seabass and never tasted anything as good the flavours were exquisite, hubbie had surf and turf which was equally divine although too expensive at £25.00 before side orders! The desserts and coffe again got a 10/10 from both of us. The food, decor, service and atmosphere cannot be faulted in any way, the only reservation is the price, slightly dissapointed with this. A plain filter coffee is £2.50 and all side orders are £3.00. beautiful for a special occassion a little pricey though.

1  Thank elaine m
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Deceiving from the outside this wee restaurant situated in Gilford County Down is very good, maybe a wee bit pricey for its location I would imagine it depends on attracting in diners from outside the village. On our visit there were no locals in that we were aware of, when I say locals I mean villagers who are known to the staff. Don't really know why this should be as the food and the service were excellent although as i said a wee bit pricey but we will call again though. For a small village just outside Banbridge it certainly boasts a few good eating establishments.