“locally sourced excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 60 Restaurants in Armagh
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“locally sourced excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I called in for dinner yesterday evening to De Averell House in Armagh and was treated to excellent, friendly service and a great food selection from the menu, mostly locally sourced. I went for the mussels, from Co.Down and the rib-eye steak, cooked exactly the way I wanted it. The atmosphere was very comfortable and I will definitely be back very soon. Really very good.

• Visited October 2013

Derry, United Kingdom
“Delicious meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had a lovely meal here on a Saturday night. We were advised to booked but were surprised to see couple of empty tables. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly.We had a superb starter of crispy pork in breadcrumbs and a Vietnamese beef salad with crispy noodles. The pork belly was by far the best . For mains I had monkfish in parma ham, really good and with a wonderful creamy sauce . It came on a mound of pepper mash which way far too much I'd have preferred a few vegetables instead . My husband had lamb again with mash and it was very good also. We had no room for desserts.The bill for two with two courses and a bottle of wine was £53 which was very good for a meal of this standard

• Visited September 2013
“Totally Delicious Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Have just returned from DeAverell House Restaurant. Well what can I say??? Prob the only word that describes this place in terms of food is Divine!! I was in a party of 4. We arrived and were very warmly welcomed into like a reception area, where straight away we were given menus and offered a drink. The menu was very varied but even with, as I thought my straight laced party there had to be a few changes made to suit everyone's needs and that certainly didn't pose a problem to the lady that served us, so so helpful. I had the Asian beef salad to start, (probably out of curiosity), well it surely didn't disappoint, gorgeous! Ample portions, and the most friendly, helpful staff you will find not only in Armagh City, but without a doubt in any neighbouring towns or villages! Highly recommend you try this quirky wee gem!!!

• Visited July 2013
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Just as great second time around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Myself and my husband called in from walking by when we noticed there fab early bird offer.

We were just as pleased with our food on our second visit. We were seated in the bar area which had a good crowd, a table of 12 waiting to move downstairs and 2 tables of 2. We ordered our dishes and settled in for what we thought was going to be a long wait. The table of 12 were lead downstairs and after only 5 mins we were told our table was ready.

We were led downstairs and got our starters, he went for wedges with bacon and cheese and chilli sauce and I went for breaded garlic mushrooms. Both were tasty and just the right portion size. For mains we had beer-battered fish and chips and minute steak. We had to agree, the chips were the nicest chips we had had in a long time in a restaurant. Only slight pitfall we had was that sauce was not included in the meal deal which we only found out when paying. We would have ordered sauce anyway if we had known so we paid but we were not told it was extra.

Lots of choice for dessert. I went for pavalova and my husband had toffee-apple cheesecake, which were beautiful. The toffee-apple cheesecake was a welcome and unusual change from the selection of cheesecakes usually offered.

We will definitely be back to avail of this offer again in the near future!

• Visited May 2013
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Food and service- Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this beautiful restaurant a few months back and may I say, it was absolutely gorgeous! The employees were very friendly and welcoming when we arrived and the wine was chilled to perfection. As we sat down to our starters (breaded mushrooms filled with garlic chive and side salad) which were absolutely gorgeous, we finished off with sirloin steaks with mushrooms, onion rings, peppered sauce and chips. I would 100% recommend this location for everyone as you are provided with great service, food and also for a great price!!

• Visited October 2012