“Great evening at the Mill”
Review of Cartin's Mill Restaurant - CLOSED

Cartin's Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Great evening at the Mill”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a good relaxed and efficient welcome to Cartin's and the service throughout the evening was very good. And the menu choice was excellent - reflecting the standards set by the Chef, as were the results served up on the plate. Thoroughly recommend Cartin's Mill.

1 Thank erudite1

Ireland
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a table for 14 of us for 8 p.m. We didn't get our food until 9:30 p.m. That is the only bad thing I can say & what stops this restaurant from getting 5 stars.

Because of the delay the waitress apologised profusely. Set us down hors d'oeuvres and some free wine. Yay!

I find the most important thing to me when eating out is the quality of the food. Followed by the service. Well, it was certainly worth the wait. The food was amazing. I had the seafood chowder. Quite simply the best I've ever had. Followed by steak which was cooked exactly as I had requested.

Shane & the team were on hand to ensure we were looked after. I think the delay was an unforeseen circumstance. I definitely won't let it put me off. Can't wait to go back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pademma
Portadown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable evening.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Food was tasty, and service was good. Only two things I would recommend: It is quite chilly in the restaurant! When we commented on this, they offered to light the fire for us. And secondly, they were running low on a number of items from the menu (we were there at 7.30pm on a Sun) and they had already run out of 2 of the starters and 1 of the main courses and 1 of the desserts by the time we were ordering. But it wasn't a big deal because they still had plenty of other choices.

Ireland
“First visit”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great parking, attentive and prompt service. We had roast dinners which were very nice but not memorable. Personally I found the veg tasteless!

1 Thank Rosied80
“Lovely first experience”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped off on our way from belfast on a Sunday evening. We hadn't booked a table so took a chance. We were welcomed on arrival and taken straight to our table.
Our meal was beautiful and staff were very attentive.
Average price for sunday dining
Lots of parking space