“Not great!”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went last night with a few friends as a get together for a mate returning from America. Waited ages for someone to come take a drink order off us and a food order. Some staff were lovely but most seemed unapproachable and unexperienced. Food was average, not really worth the price in my opinion! The only good point was that the place was clean and tidy and the food was hot and we got everything we ordered

1  Thank Portadownman
Shane B, Owner at Cartin's Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hi. Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed that you were not fully impressed with your experience with us. I do wish you had brought this to my attention on Saturday evening as I was present in the restaurant all evening and only received excellent feedback from everyone I spoke to. It does make it much easier to rectify any problem was may exist if it is identified at the time.
Many Thanks
Shane.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Group of 12 had tea here last night (27th March) and everyone was so pleased, food was delicious, portions were massive, service was quick and staff couldn't have been more attentive. Will definately be back for the early bird!!

1  Thank Elaine J
Shane B, Owner at Cartin's Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi.
Thank you for your review and rating. I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and really appreciate you comments. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again soon at Cartin's Mill.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Has a tasty meal here last night. Service was good and staff very attentive. We had 2 courses and both very good. Steaks were cooked just as we asked and good portion sizes. Would defiantly recommend.

1  Thank Peacock1707
Shane B, Owner at Cartin's Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your review and rating. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I wrote a review a few months ago after having quite a poor experience but promised to try it again. I'm glad we did. Much improved standard of food. We had a large group and all remarked that their dish was perfect. Kirsty our waitress kept a key eye on proceedings and twice prevented the service warranting a complaint. We'll done to her, a few more experienced staff and it's a winner.

1  Thank merseymcc

Hi. Both of your reviews were written before I actually started looking at this site, but on reading back I thought it only appropriate that I reply. I would simply like to thank you for your taking a second visit and for taking the time to make the positive comment that you did, it is recognised and appreciated. I look forward to seeing you again at Cartin's Mill.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a good relaxed and efficient welcome to Cartin's and the service throughout the evening was very good. And the menu choice was excellent - reflecting the standards set by the Chef, as were the results served up on the plate. Thoroughly recommend Cartin's Mill.

1  Thank erudite1