“A very satisfied large party.”
Review of Cartin's Mill Restaurant - CLOSED

Cartin's Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went to Cartin's Mill to celebrate my daughter's holy communion today - there were 18 of us in total. We received a warm welcome on arrival and the staff made a fuss of my daughter who was chuffed with the attention. I had pre -ordered our food and it was served as soon as we were all settled - it was of very good quality and the service was 1st class. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

we went on a Sunday and the food was just ok nothing out of the ordinary or special. The staff were friendly but seemed to be waiting on people to finish.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Went over on Sunday evening past. Everything was just average. The menu was very limited, one chicken dish. My mother found it really difficult to choose something. We waited a long time to order but the staff were friendly. There seems to be some confusion over the a la carte service and casual dining. At points it was very professional but then some standard practices were overlooked. No reason not to go back but again no reason to go!!!

1  Thank akaekk
Shane B, Owner at Cartin's Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Cartin's Mill as all constructive feedback helps us to ensure a pleasant experience for future customers. As on a Sunday evening we have available both our Early Bird and Full Evening menu with a total of 26 dishes, I am somewhat confused as to how the choice was limited on your visit. We do always try to offer an off menu dish if a customer has special dietary requirements and customers would normally let us know if there was something in particular that they would like. I do hope you will visit again and have an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went last night with a few friends as a get together for a mate returning from America. Waited ages for someone to come take a drink order off us and a food order. Some staff were lovely but most seemed unapproachable and unexperienced. Food was average, not really worth the price in my opinion! The only good point was that the place was clean and tidy and the food was hot and we got everything we ordered

1  Thank Portadownman
Shane B, Owner at Cartin's Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hi. Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed that you were not fully impressed with your experience with us. I do wish you had brought this to my attention on Saturday evening as I was present in the restaurant all evening and only received excellent feedback from everyone I spoke to. It does make it much easier to rectify any problem was may exist if it is identified at the time.
Many Thanks
Shane.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Group of 12 had tea here last night (27th March) and everyone was so pleased, food was delicious, portions were massive, service was quick and staff couldn't have been more attentive. Will definately be back for the early bird!!

1  Thank Elaine J
Shane B, Owner at Cartin's Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi.
Thank you for your review and rating. I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and really appreciate you comments. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again soon at Cartin's Mill.