“Dissapointed”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If the owner wishes to create an American diner he should visit TGI Fridays. Staff under pressure and no smiling faces.

Starter came with 3 dips and one was incorrect, half starter eaten before correct dip arrived.

Burger baps were burnt burger dry, tomato put at bottom of bun which caused it to become soggy.

Double espresso came in a single espresso cup and bill stated 2 espresso been buying these over Europe for years and this is a first. Also seen waiter bring espresso under counter to sink what happened do not know and when it arrived was cold, replaced without fuss.

Return - no.

5  Thank sunlover B

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Arrived at 5.30. Seated straight away. Waitress returned at 5.50 to take the food order, no mention of drinks. Order food and had to ask for drinks. Drinks arrived at 6.05 after the starter. Food arrived at 6.15. Well actually my microwaved burger arrived at 6.15 my companions meal arrived 4 minutes later with a lacklustre apology. Staff avoided us after that as they were aware that we were clearly unhappy. Only one member of staff appeared to really care but she was running the bar, answering the phone and delivering the food whilst her colleague was catching up with friends. At no point were we asked was everything ok and when paying the bill they really didn't give a s@@t. In tripadvisor I have to give a rating of one to five, in the interests of this review I give one, if I had a choice I would give zero and point them all to a jobs and benefits office.

8  Thank Lorne B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went to Norma J's for lunch recently and had an amazing meal. We walked into the door and were seated right away. The waitress that we had was very good and the service was very quick. I have also been there on numerous other occasions and have never had a bad meal out of it. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our friends have recomended Norma j's for ages so of myself and the wife decided to call in saturday past to sample the steak. That quicly changed as we walked through the restaurant my wife spotted a chicken dishes on one of the other tables which she decided looked and smelt amazing. So whilst I enjoyed a succulent sirlion washed down with a lovely beer my wife had the chicken sizzler with chilli sauce. Both meals were thoroughly enjoyable and more than filling but once again seeing the waitress bring deserts to one of the other tables we were enticed to indulge in the pavlova and the apple pie, the portion sizes were enormous. We will definately be back very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having found Norma J's on a girly trip to the cinema it has became a firm family favourite. I enjoy coming along with my 2 sons and we know we are in for some quality food and service. With a wide range to choose from its always hard to decide just what to have but in the end we do. Clean and friendly, warm and welcoming, we love it. With a cinema very close by, they do a great movie deal on certain nights through the week which takes a great selection from the menu with a cinema ticket included in the price. It is very hard to beat it :D