Number Nine Bed and Breakfast
US$135
US$115
Denvir's Hotel(Downpatrick)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsher husbandtea coffeecakeswelcoming hostsfruit juicelocal areahome from homeperfect staystay there againincluding homemadelovely placeresidential areairish hospitalityhidden gemroom was spaciouswithin walking distancetwo nights
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Lovely place to stay, Angela was very welcoming and made us feel right at home. Room was perfect and breakfast was lovely. Only a fiver in the taxi to ballyduggan mill. Will definitely be back next time we need to stay in downpatrick.

• Stayed: December 2013
Angela G, Owner at Number Nine Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Delighted to have welcomed you both to our accommodation and thanks for your lovely comments. I look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future and I can then accompany you round the many attractions Downpatrick has to offer.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This wonderful and homely bed and breakfast was a wonderful place to stay. As a solo traveller I stayed in a twin room that had a large and spotless ensuite. The bed was so comfortable, very soft and warm, and I slept very well. The rooms had everything you would need. Angela was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There is a view of the Mourne Mountains from the breakfast room. The breakfast was generous and delicious, including fresh fruit, croissant, and bacon and eggs. Angela kindly drove me to the bus station after a little tour of Downpatrick. Number Nine feels like a home away from home and I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Angela G, Owner at Number Nine Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Many thanks for your wonderful endorsement, It was great to welcome you to our home and I enjoyed very much showing you some of our sights in Downpatrick. Hope you can come back sometime again and explore more of Downpatrick and County Down.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was delighted to find this little gem of a B&B. I travel a lot with work and felt very at home here and had a great nights sleep, a nice (big) breakfast and a very friendly chat with the owner. I will stay here again whenever I am in this area.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank John E
Angela G, Owner at Number Nine Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review. it's good to know you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope sometime in the future you can return and I can take you in a tour of this area and you can discover many of our hidden gems. Thanks once again

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We ended up, by chance, in Downpatrick pub in the evening and tried to get a room but it was full. The staff recommended this B&B and we turned up late after dinner, tired and just wanting bed. We were helped with our luggage (the first and only time it happened on our Irish trip) into a large, clean, comfortable and cosy room by the owners who took the time to show us the facilities, offer us tea/coffee and a chat but withdrew discreetly when we said we needed sleep. The next morning, after a shower in a spotless and well equipped bathroom, we sat down in a small, bright and airy dining/kitchen area and chatted to Angela while she prepared our breakfast to our order and it was big and good and not at all greasy like our previous B&B's. In a bit her husband Edmond and their son appeared and soon it was like having tea and good times with your family and friends so that before we knew it half the morning was gone. So this is what the real Ireland is all about! Highest recommendation. Lovely.

Room Tip: Our room was that of their daughter who is married and gone which explains the quality. Ask for that.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Angela G, Owner at Number Nine Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Delighted you were pleased with your welcome, accommodation and breakfast. We really enjoyed meeting you both and trust you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I am sorry my stay was only for one night. Very friendly and helpful. Was picked up and taken to the bus. The house was well kept and I was made feel very welcome. I look forward to making a return visit and recommend this accommodation to any one looking for a clean friendly place to stay. A real Irish welcome awaits you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Angela G, Owner at Number Nine Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Margaret it was our pleasure to welcome you to our home. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to Downpatrick and I hope you do visit us again when you have more time to visit the surrounding area and enjoy many of the local tourist attractions.