“Brilliant Italian cooking!”
Review of de maio's - CLOSED

de maio's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 April 2014

There are very few decent places to eat in Downpatrick and we are so delighted that we now have De Maio's. This is a brilliant wee pizzeria/trattoria serving authentic pizza and a selection of other traditional dishes, all cooked by the owner Antonio. He's a really lovely guy, and he and Darlee always provide a very warm welcome. The pizza is the best we've had outside of Italy and we love the Napoli-style tomato pizza bread that Antonio does as an appetiser. The Tirimasu is beautiful and proper Espresso coffee - this place is the real deal! We have been several times now with friends and kids but looking forward to having candelit for two with a good bottle of Valpolicella! So many places are all style and no substance - this is a traditional family-style Italian place complete with red check tablecloths - but if you enjoy real Italian food, cooked fresh with love, then you've got to try here!

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the exterior inside you will find a range of Italian delights. The staff are always welcoming and service is excellent. Great for kids I had my sons 11th birthday party here after a cinema trip the kids loved it. Food is of a high standard and cooked using fresh ingredients. I would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Don't be fooled by this tiny place or it's quirky interior. It may not look the part, but food is fresh, plentiful and amazing. Plus you can't be beaten on price. Owner is a great guy who genuinely cares about serving good fresh food and is not afraid to talk over how your experience can be improved! A must see for Downpatrick.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

For such a small restaurant that is just starting up the food we had last night was excellent. When we arrived the owner gave us a lovely plate of pizza bread with the homemade sauce on it and it was so tasty we all ordered pizza. they were so lovely and tasty and tasted like everything had been cooked fresh. Service was good. will definitely get pizza here again!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

After taking my family to this fantastic restaurant I must say it has been such a wonderful experience. On arrival we were greeted with such pleasure and made us feel so welcome. Ok good start. We ordered our food and when it arrived, it looked so good I just couldn't wait to get started. I have 4 children and when it comes to food they would be fussy and they never finish their meals. I got a big shock when we finished eating as there was no food whatsoever left on any of the plates and we just couldn't eat anymore as we were stuffed. My children, wife and myself really enjoyed our night and felt so welcome we will be back again and again. You really have to try this restaurant and receive the experience that we've had. I have never had an experience like it before. Best food ever.