“would highly recommend”
Review of Oakleigh House

Oakleigh House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Oakleigh House
Ranked #6 of 18 Newcastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2012

A lovely guest house in a beautiful location, the welcome was warm and the service excellent! we stayed one night for wedding held in local hotel, had booked the 3 rooms and were very impressed and didnt want to leave. Beds and rooms comfy and met all requirements and breakfast was excellent !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank marie m

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We have just come back from spending 3 nights with Jan at the Oakleigh and it was amazing! The rooms are so comfortable and the service was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for anything more and if we did she would have done it for us.

Room Tip: Email Jan before you go and request a double or single
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lia1-11
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My wife and I and our daughter and son-in-law stayed here last year and liked it so much we didn't bother to look anywhere else when we visited this year. The accommodation is spotless, the breakfast superb and the host - Jan - is delightful. Unusually the tea making facilities are in the corridor, but this means that Jan can keep the supplies topped up and fresh. A jug of milk, not those silly plastic pots. A very wide selection of teas and coffee/chocolate and numerous biscuit bars and fruit. Breakfast in the conservatory is a delight with the view of the mountains. Ample parking. Very quiet. I can't think of anything that could improve our stay. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edrear
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This is a lovely secluded B&B close to the Mournes & Newcastle. Really friendly and accommodation very comfortable. The annex is self-contained and therefore private.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I was absolutly charmed by this b&b set in the most beautiful surrondings, the family so genually interested in us and helping us with our visit. never been offered such a variety of scumbshous breakfast choices. I had Jans poached eggs and muffins , it was a delight.
Thank you to Pam for her built in sat nav knowlegde.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelle b
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Nice small family run B&B providing. I recently stayed there for 3 nights and required an early check in time, which was granted with no problems at all. The room, although small, was clean, tidy and provided everything you need. A comfy double bed with linen changed 2 twice during my stay, and towels replenished everyday in the ensuite.

The B&B is situated a short walk (20mins) from newcastle beach front, which is easily do able, although newcastle has a flat rate taxi service of £3 to anywhere in town, which is handy.

Although I didnt have a car, there is ample parking space for a vehicle for each room.

Breakfast is tasty, with a friendly and hospitable host to serve. Theres a hot and cold breakfast menu but if you fancy something different your needs are catered for, mine were on two occasions.

I would definatley visit newcastle again, and would use this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamald
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I'm sorry my visit was so short here, but am checking my diary to return. My wife and I arrived here on Saturday night, and were welcomed by Jan and her little dog. We were shown to our room (2) which was bright clean and airy with a view over the lovely garden. After a quick wash we went for a drive. We arrived back later, tired and ready for bed. We availed of the hot chocolate/biscuits thoughtfully left for us in the hospitality tray in the hallway. Breakfast the next morning was sensational. Having had cereal and the offer of two eggs, nothing could have prepared me for the plateful of flavour which arrived. When I looked around there were mountains behind and to the side of me. Now here was a mountain of food in front of me. I didn't know whether to climb it or eat it! I didnt want to go home, bit I WILL return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple