“Great Italian Restaurant in the Mournes area”
Review of Villa Vinci

Villa Vinci
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Called in one Thursday evening during peak holiday season, we couldn't get table straight away but my partner HAD warned me may have had to boom ahead. Waiter told us he would have a table in about 20-25 minutes and on our return the table was ready.
The service was efficient, the staff were friendly and one could see why the place was packed.
No reflection on the restaurant but the worst part for me was the overbearing and loud North American, male golfers who brought new meaning to the words loud and annoying.
The restaurant seemed priced slightly less than what you pay for the same meal in Belfast City Centre and the food was superb.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Called in for a family dinner on Thursday. Hake on risotto, open steak sandwich with mushrooms and a pepper sauce, two steak burgers wrapped in mozzarella and bacon and one chicken kids meal. All cooked to perfection, generous portions and piping hot. The side order of garlic potatoes were delicious but the portions are so good it really wasn't needed! The homemade chips are scrumptious! Children of all ages are well received and the local staff are very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Travelbug141
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have been to Villa Vinci many times over the years and have never once had a complaint! Food is great, waiters/waitresses are great! What more could you ask for?! Such a nice atmosphere too. Definitely in my top 5 of favourite restaurants in Northern Ireland!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We went early and the place began to fill quickly. It is very family friendly but open enough for couples to eat in peace too. Based on earlier reviews it appears there were some problems with operations in the past, however I found no evidence of this and they seem to be on their game for this summer. They are certainly giving Vanilla, a few doors down, a run for their money.

The service was attentive and professional and we appreciated the advice when I was torn between the lasagna and ravioli (his suggestion and I agree: ravioli). We also had caprese and a shrimp starter-both quite good. We stayed on for dessert and enjoyed the tiramisu and Nonna Tart-also enjoyable.

Dinner for two with wine was around 55 and we would happily visit again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Called in on way back from kilkeel on a Monday night place was buzzing and had agreat atmosphere staff wonderful so pleasant best staff I have come across food excellent and a good choice on menu fomm pizza pasta to lamb shanks and duck .really enjoyed this restaurant and will make a point of returning.