Review Amble Inn
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Amble Inn.
- Large ensuite room, well furnished with massive bed. Neutral and simple style with lots of wood.
- Good facilities: the Wifi was sufficiently fast for streaming TV from the internet, and a flat screen TV was provided. Kettle with teas and cookies, etc.
- New bathroom with a good shower, good ventilation and a window. There was a selection of shower gels provided, which was great for me because it's something I always forget to pack, and is an annoying thing to take through security (the 100ml rule) if you only travel with hand lugage.
- Lots of maps, and practical and historical literature to borrow. The hosts clearly explained the maps, and for a fell runner staying even marked out a route on a plastic overlay.
- Good, strong and plentiful real coffee served at breakfast.
- The breakfast and times where very flexible, with nearly everything sourced locally. I asked for the full works and consequently couldn't eat a lunch.
- The room, house, and bathroom was very clean, tidy and nicely laid out
- Centrally located easy to amble to resturants, shops, beach, etc (pun intended)
- Fair price, great value for money
- The best thing about my stay was the host and hostess, kind, friendly, funny, and genuinely proud and happy to make sure the stay was as pleasant as possible.
I stayed for quite a long break; 5 nights, and it was nice to get to know the host and hostess. When I return, which is a certainty, I'll not only look forward to the excellent service, but also seeing the host and hostess again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Amble In you will be assured of a very warm welcome to this recently renovated and beautifully decorated B&B in the heart of Newcastle, just 5 minute walk from the main street, promenade and the Royal County Down golf course. This welcome extends to Hill walkers, golfers and Geochachers, lots of caches in interesting places. Newcastle and surrounding area is steeped in history, 12th and 13th century Anglo-Norman castles, Churches and round Towers, Passage burial caves, Dolmens, Follies, Cashels, Souterrains and The St Patrick's Trail, or ride the last Steam train in County Down all within a 12 mile radius. Historic books and leaflets on the Heritage trail and St Patrick are available from our library. Come on hire a bike and see for yourself. Pick up and drop off service is available to golfers and hill walkers. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Amble In Hotel Newcastle
- Amble In Bed And Breakfast
- Amble In B&B Newcastle, Northern Ireland