Just as the Title of this Review states. You could if you wish leave now and I could sum up the hotel in 3 words. Excellent, Sublime and Exquisite all into one.
This is as an honest review. I tell the truth when it comes to reviews so don't be put off at how biased this is going to be.
I booked a one night stay with my Partner in the Hotel way back in December through Travel Zoo. I Nearly actually forgot about the trip up until a couple of weeks ago. The reason we were staying was a surprise for my Partner. Spontaneously I decided to start contacting the Hotel via Twitter to see if I could organize any special treatments .Let me just say, Debbie Burns is one hell of a woman. This woman who takes control of the Slieve Donard Twitter account is truly a gem to the Hastings Group, no request was to small for her and the team. I requested Birthday Banners and Balloons to be in the Bedroom for our arrival,I did not expect much of a reply but of course Debbie was able to speak to the House Keeping Team and ensure that when I sent them they would be in place. We also got upgraded to a Resort Room for our stay which can I just say could not fault at all. Luxury to say the least, It had everything we needed included Robes, slippers, Full size double Shower and Bath. You could've lived in this Room for a week easy. On the day of our arrival I also had my Partners Presents sent down to the Hotel which Debbie managed to have arranged appropriately in our room.
We had only been in the room 10 minutes which might I add was made available early for us despite the 3pm Check In, when we received a knock on the door and were handed a Plate of Fudge and Small Buns and Complimentary "Happy Birthday". Complete Bliss from word go. I then told my Partner of her Spa Treatments I had arranged so she ventured down to the Spa whilst I went to the Gym for a workout followed by a relaxation session in the Sauna and Steam Room. Such a beautiful atmosphere being able to look out onto the Mourne Mountains in Winter.
We then ate dinner in the Oak Restaurant. We had been before and we knew that what we would order would be exquisite. Three Courses consisting of Fishcakes, Chicken and Salmon followed up nicely with Banana Cheesecake, Jam and Coconut Sponge cake. Excellent. We were lucky to be presented with a Bottle of Wine with our dinner thanks to someone phoning up previous and purchasing so we didn't need any more drinks with out meal.
This was a one off for us as we live just over an hour from Newcastle itself, but it's the one offs that are supposed to be special. Hastings Hotels and Debbie Burns and her team definitely made this one of our best trips away. I cannot fault this hotel in anyway and really look forward to our next trip to Slieve Donard Spa Resort. It's people like Debbie and her Team that make going to such Hotels that extra bit more special than anywhere else and this is why I titled the Review Appropriately. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to contact me because I'll be happily to share any answers with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, the Slieve Donard stands in six acres of private grounds, and is one of Northern Ireland's most popular hotels. The luxurious ESPA Spa commands spectacular panoramic views of the County Down coastline and Mountains of Mourne and provides a perfect oasis of tranquility rivals any spa in Europe today. This superbly maintained Victorian hotel is equally suited to a short break, residential conference or grand event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Slieve Donard Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slieve Donard Newcastle
- Donard Hotel Slieve
- Donard Hotel Newcastle Slieve
- Slieve Donard Hotel Newcastle
- Slieve Donard Resort And Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland