3,647 results
All reviews oak restaurant percy french slieve donard lighthouse lounge mourne mountains vitality pool resort rooms beautiful hotel sea view irish sea steam room superior room porridge hastings hotels first class restaurant manager buffet style
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I have been fortunate to have stayed in and visited the Slieve Donard on several occasions and each time the staff surpass themselves but I experienced their Afternoon Tea for the first time a few weeks ago and it was simply sensational!

John the concierge looked after my friends and I from the moment we arrived and we were given a window seat with views that would take your breath away! The selection of delicious cakes and sandwiches was divine and we even got extra fresh cream when we mentioned how yummy it was! We felt like royalty and with the piano player accompanying our dining we just didn’t want to leave!

The staff couldn’t do enough for us and we felt we could stay as long as we wanted (and did !) I can’t wait to book my next afternoon tea and thank the fabulous staff of the Slieve Donard for ensuring this was a magical and memorable experience for all of us !Highly recommended!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Ashleigh_GS, Guest Relations Manager at Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Jacqui032,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent Afternoon Tea experience. We really appreciate your excellent feedback and I will sure to pass on your kind comments to the kitchen and restaurant teams.

I am delighted to hear the food and service exceeded your expectations and I am so pleased you and your friends had a magical and memorable experience while dining with us.

Thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels and the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort in the future. If you have any questions or require any future assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The service was excellent. The selection of food was brilliant. The 'fancies' were delicious and the tea and coffee was ever flowing.

I would highly recommend this as a special treat.

The views of the sea and the beautiful day helped as well.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear hprooney32,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your Afternoon Tea experience, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted the service and food was excellent and I am pleased to hear you would highly recommend the Afternoon Tea to other guests.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The hubby & I recently went for an overnight escape with afternoon tea & spa treatment - complete luxury from start to finish. Personally would like to commend the staff on their attentiveness & willingness to please, nothing was too much bother. Highly recommend a table by the window if you’re lucky enough for afternoon tea - you won’t be disappointed! can’t wait to visit again soon.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Orla B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review after your recent stay, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted you had a wonderful stay from start to finish. Thank you for commenting on the attentive service provided by the staff, we pride ourselves on providing the finest Irish hospitality and the staff will be delighted they had such a positive impact on your experiencing.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely stunning hotel, stayed here with my other half and had an amazing time! Excellent service throughout the hotel and the spa is just first class. Loved every minute of my stay here I will definitely be back again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sean B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review of the hotel, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to hear the service was excellent throughout the Resort and I am pleased that you are eager to return to the Resort in the future.

Thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels and the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa. If you have any questions or require any future assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Yesterday my friend and I checked in for afternoon tea. We were shown to our table with a beautiful view of the Mourne Mountains unfortunately everything went downhill from there. No choice of tea or coffee was offered the cups on the table were stained on the rims when we ask for them to be replaced one of the replacement cups was badly stained on the inside and had to be taken away again. Eventually the tea and coffee arrived twenty minutes later still no food. My friend went in search of a waitress who after seven or eight minutes elasped appeared with cake stand with sandwiches scones and pastries. After eating our sandwiches we noticed nearby tables being served a warm starter and a separate plate of pastries none of which had been offered to us. Again we called a waitress and told her about the starter etc. and she could not believe we had not been served these she apologised and brought our starter half way through the tea as well as the pastries. We asked could we have more tea and coffee as by now the first pots were cold. That took about another fifteen minutes. No one ever came round the tables to ask if everything was alright obviously understaffing was the problem. When we were ready to leave we had to ask twice for the little box to take away what hadn't been eaten . Faulty Towers came to mind as we sat there it was a total disappointment and certainly not as advertised by the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank starofthecountydown

Dear starofthecountydown,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your recent experience of Afternoon Tea.

I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations and I can assure you the experience you have described does not reflect the exemplary level of service that we aim to provide to our guests.

Please contact me on the below email with your name and the date of which you dined with us and I will personally investigate the matter with the relevant management.