Stayed 3 nights in a family room which was well appointed with everything you would expect, it was exceptionally clean and the kids loved the bunk beds! I also requested a fridge in the room which was great for keeping fruit, water and picnic items cool. Only down side to our room was that it had no view but that was minor.
The breakfast had a good choice of full irish breakfast and also fruits and breads and a good sized pot of tea or coffee which I could quite easily have sat and finished and looked at the amazing views of the Mournes from the dining room if the children had allowed!
We also had an evening meal in the restaurant which was delicious and portions sizes were huge!
There are so many seating areas it a great place to sit about and relax. We also had the pleasure of a live singer and it was mid week! The kids loved the pool and again the pool area and changing rooms were immaculate! All the staff were very friendly and helpful! We will definitely be returning and recommending!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland