“Terrific” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Northern Ireland
“Terrific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed with work colleagues and have to say a huge THANK YOU to all the staff at The Burrendale.

Room (125) was spotless, comfortable, large and well appointed. Comfy beds and pillows meant for an excellent night's sleep BUT that was only after a great meal in the restaurant. The hotel was full and yet the food and service was faultless. Cocktails were a bit dubious but that can be over looked due to excellence elsewhere.

I stayed in the 5 Lough Erne Resort a few weeks ago and have to say I would recommend The Burrendale over it every day of the week for cleanliness, comfort and service ..... And the views ..... WOW!!!

Stayed December 2016, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ana333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Went with family to santa sunday an can honestly say every moment was amazing from staff to food to the amazing santa grotto .whole day was fabulous ...the staff are like 1 big family ..cant wait for our next visit in january 2017...mark an susi ...

Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
1 Thank suzannemckee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We have stayed at the Burrendale numerous times over the past six years as a family or as a couple. Each time we have had a relaxing & troublesome-free stay. Staff & food have always been lovely and the spa is fabulous. We hope to continue to stay here for many years to come.

Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
2 Thank Ringo681
Northern ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Visited the hotel with a group of friends for aSunday night. Check in was fast and reception staff friendly. Rooms were comfortable warm. Restaurant staff were very attentive especially as we were a group of fourteen. The entertainment in the bar afterwards was pitched just right for the Sunday night crowd. Breakfast was great with plenty of variety. All in all a great hotel.

Stayed November 2016, travelled with friends
2 Thank lakeslover2
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Email of complaint.

I am very unhappy with my experience today in the Spa. I booked 2 pedicures and a hot stone massage for my mum, sister in law and myself as a treat after 2 recent bereavements. The appt times were staggered 10.45am, 11am and 12.15pm. The appts were booked together as a group booking in my name. When my mum and sister in law were called for their treatments I asked to go in to the relaxation room as I had over an hour to wait on my treatment. This was declined due to 'policy'. So instead I had to sit on my own in reception. When my sister In law's pedicure finished she sat alone in the relaxation room, as mum has her hot stone treatment and I was still in reception. When mum finished her treatment she was told we wouldn't be in the relaxation room as we were 'only' having a pedicure. This portrays clients who do not purchase a certain price of treatment are of less value. We spent upwards of £200 today.
Using the Burrendale Spa was on my recommendation and I am now extremely embarrassed that this 'Policy' has divided our small group.
The reception had a table of 8 ladies having coffee to one side and 2 workmen carrying out repairs on the other side. This is NOT the relaxing experience I envisaged my day to be.
Originally I requested a hot stone massage but due to one of the therapists being pregnant appts were limited and I was advised the only appt available was 2pm. Thankfully I declined or I would have been siting in reception for over 3 hours waiting!!
The staff in the spa reception were pleasant, offering me tea and coffee. Shaneen was lovely when offering pedicure also.

I had booked afternoon tea for 2.30pm. The relaxing pleasant day i had planned was been ruined. I did not looking forward to my treatment or afternoon tea due to the experience of the morning. It's not the financial aspect of today, it's the experience as a whole I am disappointed with.

Stayed November 2016, travelled with family
3 Thank T13avy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Returned again for an overnight break this time midweek. Hotel fairly quiet however this did not spoil our stay. Room spotless as expected. Evening meal included with our stay and this was first class. The restaurant manager Kevin was very friendly and made sure all diners were pleased with service, food etc. A lovely friendly waitress was also most attentive during our meal. Sorry didn't get her name however did say to Kevin about her excellent service. Pool and spa area was excellent and spotlessly clean as always. Overall 5*. Will definitely return again. Thank you

Stayed November 2016, travelled with family
2 Thank Stangate
NORTHERN IRELAND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Booked this as a relaxing spa treat the pool was really cold as I have chest problems I couldn't stay in it to swim also lots of really noisy kids also kept awake at 3am with people shouting and banging doors paid £90 each for this and really disappointed the quality of food and staff was really great on leaving I did say about the bad points was told I should have said to spa staff personally think it should be checked and not wait on complaints was also told should have phoned about noise at 3am we were on a corrider 5steps up from reception I think they should have heard it so all in all food and restaurant staff are great but not relaxing also told if spa treatments wanted book 8-10 weeks in advance

Stayed November 2016, travelled with friends
3 Thank GISMO07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
Mourne Country Hotel
Carrickdale Hotel
Carrickdale Hotel
#2 of 8 in Dundalk

Been to Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!