“Fabulous welcoming stay”

Briers Country House
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed 12 January 2014

we stayed with the briars with our small children for a couple of nights and found everything wonderful. The hospitality and food were particularly good. Excellent home cooked food and toys for the children to play with. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Briers Country House

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Thank you Suzan and Bryan (not John) for your wonderful hospitality. Rooms are clean and homely and Suzan and Bryan are great hosts. There's great choices for breakfast and obviously the wonderful Full Irish....Yummmm.

Highly recommend this little jewel. Peaceful, homely and very very comfortable.

Thanks Suzan and Bryan

Catch up with you soon.

Carolyn and Phil Bissell

Room Tip: No swimming pool but who needs one of them in December in Northern Ireland...there's a wonderful...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Briers for the second time this year and LOVE it - Suzan makes us so welcome. Our bedroom was spacious and very comfortable, and Suzan took time to send up toys for the children. You can make tea or coffee in the cosy living room downstairs, and breakfast is amazing - the children have their own menu to choose from. I hope to go back next year

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AliA995
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My partner and I chose Brier's for the first couple of nights of a month long visit to Ireland. The best decision we could of made. We were made to feel welcome and given every consideration. When they heard we planned to picnic as much as possible went so far as to give us plates and utensils. Also, got great recommendations of places to see and stay, and we were happy with every place.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Rambler6197
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Every time I come home from America I go to The Briers and that is at least twice a year.I must admit I would usually stay in hotels, but a friend recommend this establishment. I fell in love. The one on one attention you get is amazing. It brings me back to my childhood to get my hot water bottle in the bed and my pot of tea with my hand knitted posy keeping it warm. Susan and her family are so welcoming and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I have been going there for years and also sent friends there too, They also had a wonderful experience. I was shocked to see someone write a negative review, are they sure they went to the Briers and not somewhere else. I stayed there April and I am leaving the Washington the 22nd and I am so looking forward to seeing Susan's welcoming smile and having a wee cup of tea.

Room Tip: The location is very quiet and I have stayed in different rooms and all have been great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Me and my new wife stayed again at the briers on 25th - 27th oct and easily it was one of our best weekends in a long time.. Brian and Suzan and their son Philip where so so nice to us on arrival with a very warm friendly welcome not to mention their cute little doggie Buttons which is a ball of friendly fluff -(wanted to take him home to lisburn lol),- This is our home from home and everytime we stay the more we enjoy it and now see the owners as friends rather than a business transaction, I really recommend you stay here as its a beautiful place all yr round and I can easily say if it wasn't for the personality of the house and the people in it with their thoughtfulness and attention to detail it wouldn't be the same,
The rooms are spacious and really comfortable to the point where Ive had the best nights sleep there than at home lol. The Breakfast is to die for as Suzan and Brian make wonderful scrambled eggs and French bread along with anything you want even with a full continental available with fresh foods sourced locally, anybody who complains about the hospitality is just a moan. We went to see the fireworks on sat night in town centre and it was freezing but when we came back to room we had a lovely surprise, two hot water bottles in the bed and an extra wee surprise for both me and my wife as we have been recently married and moved to a new home. they treat meet and greet everyone on a personal level and this is what makes the briers so special and I will tell anyone whom listens that this is a lovely place with a lovely homely feel, I cant wait to stay again before xmas comes if only to see our friends again, so much to see and do at the briers and close to the town loads of on site secure safe parking. this has become our special wee home from home.. its everything you see in the pictures on the website. Hope this place is there forever so I can keep going back. you wont be disappointed. Marty & Clare (Lisburn)

Room Tip: all rooms are very spacious and clean comfortable and very peaceful, im not saying anything that'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare W
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First of all don't walk to the town from the Country House. £3 taxi or half an Hour walk. Choose the first option. On arrival greeted by a very polite young man. Who helped us in whatever we needed. Rooms very clean and tidy as well as the whole of the house. A very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. 2 Minute taxi to the main street on the coast where there was plenty of places to have food and drink. £65 per night was very reasonable as other places on the coast were far more expensive. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone not wishing to pay over the odds on one of the other hotels in the town. Also to note Very good Ulster Breakfast and hot water bottles in your bed for when you arrive home after your night out...which is a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
St Patrick's Stream
St Patrick's Stream
#17 of 18 in Newcastle

Been to Briers Country House? Share your experiences!