“Lovely B&B”
Review of Cherry Villa

Cherry Villa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Cherry Villa
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We spent a couple of nights here and couldn't have been happier. Scones and tea/coffee on arrival, friendly welcome and comfortable room.

The main purpose of our visit was to climb Slieve Donard - N Ireland's highest peak. The care and concern our hosts showed for us went well beyond what anyone could expect - they insisted on having our return time and checked we were down safely. Not something you'd get in a 5* hotel!

Breakfasts were great and we left having had a really enjoyable visit. would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotter_Geoff

Reviewed 7 July 2011

If you like a friendly welcome, excellent food, a clean room and value for money, this is the place for you!
I had the pleasure of staying at Cherry Villa for a weekend during a visit to Newcastle for a friend's wedding and cannot fault it.
Within seconds of lugging my suitcase through the door I was given a warm welcome from Gabrielle, who immediately offered me some home-made scones with home-made jam. To me, welcomes don't get much better than that!
The room was clean, neat, tidy and comfortable with a TV and decent space to hang clothes up.
It had its own private - again it was very clean, neat and tidy.
After dumping my bags, I went down to the breakfast room for coffee, scones and jam which were excellent.
The room is full of thank you cards from guests, and it is easy to understand why.
Gabrielle is quite the cook and I would thoroughly recommend sampling an Ulster fry at breakfast time - a hearty plate of good, honest food which will keep you going.
Gabrielle was also very helpful in providing a map of the town, and with your own front door key and the freedom to come and go as you please, there was no pressure to feel like you had to be back by certain time.
This was handy when the wedding reception went on into the early hours of the morning.
Then there's the matter of price - you get all this for £35 per night, which is a fraction of the cost of some of the other places in town.
I would have a hard time believing there are any better B&Bs in town, and would strongly recommend staying at Cherry Villa.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank markyg43
Reviewed 6 July 2011

After 5 stays I finally felt that I should post my comments, Cherry Villa is excellent, not only great value for money but excellent accommodation, great breakfasts, friendly hosts whose years in the business show in their pride in the product and the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank HERB24
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is a great choice for anyone visiting Newcastle and the Mournes. We've been coming here annually for the past ten years and always enjoy our stay. The warm welcome from Gabrielle with complimentary tea and scones on arrival is great. The rooms are spotlessly clean and have everything you need. Fantastic breakfast which fuels you for the day. Central location convenient to the seafront, the mountains and the forest park. Already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank yorkiegirl63
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed in Cherry Villa and would have to say the location is fantastic! Just off the main street so restaurants and the beach was within a few minutes walk. I stayed in an ensuite room and the usual facitlies e.g. tv, kettle were available. In addition, the room was very clean and the location is very quiet. If you ask nicely you may be able to use the wireless as well, providing you bring your laptop with you. The landlady was very friendly and the breakfast was good!

I would definitely recommend staying in this B+B!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank doubledoubleswifty
Reviewed 1 November 2006

Myself and my wife stayed at this B&B in early October 2006 on the reccomendation of a friend. We were not disappointed. The Landlady was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was hearty and delicious. The rooms were of a surprisingly high standard considering the very reasonable rate for the rooms. All in all one of the best I have stayed in.

Stayed: October 2006