“A treasure with a view!”
Review of Olive Bizarre

Olive Bizarre
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Newcastle
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olive Bizarre is a delicious little spot in the harbour area of the town. You can enjoy exquisite teas/coffees with goodies galore and a view to die for. Our afternoon tea is highly recommended and our traybakes and scones will not fail to please. We have a vast range of savoury dishes and provide an array of gluten free and vegetarian foods. Our child friendly policy is also popular and to top it all our friendly team will make you feel very welcome. See you soon. John and Ciaraxox
Lisburn, NI
“A treasure with a view!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

On a sunny day, my husband and I stopped here for a bite of lunch, and were absolutely delighted by what we found. The specials board is full of inventive dishes - I had the crab meat croque madame cupcakes, which came in a little toast bowl. He tucked into the tasty lamb and roast carrot pie, which was juicy and full of flavour. Both meals were accompanied by a good selection of salad leaves with a tasty dressing. Bit too many raw red onions for me, but I find that everywhere these days! We sat outside on one of the wooden benches - the place is dog friendly outside, with a water bowl topped up by the ever pleasant and helpful staff. The caramel shortcakes are the size of housebricks, and the tea is served in cosied teapots and vintage china. And the view across the bay to Newcastle is just priceless.

co. down
“Lovely, quirky cafe”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Fabulous little cafe. Stopped for lunch today and had a gorgeous bacon, brie and relish sandwich on crusty bread. The bacon was lovely and warm and melting the cheese - something you don't normally find. They have the biggest tray bakes I have ever seen in my life. I couldn't resist getting a fifteen to take home. The specials menu also looked very inviting so I must call in another day and sample their home made soup. Add some quirky deco to the great food and service and I would heartily recommend a visit.

Annalong, United Kingdom
“Treat for the Taste Buds”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

What a pleasure, and privilege, it is to have such a wonderful cafe/restaurant close to where we live. Olive Bizarre has become a major feature of our lives as somewhere we can always be sure of having a warm welcome and excellent food. Morning coffee there is a regular occurrence for us, and now that they have resumed doing their weekend evening bistros, that's the icing on the cake!
Last night's meal certainly didn't disappoint, in fact it was one of the best menus we have ever encountered in 50 years of dining out. The white crab bruschetta starter was magical, with wonderful subtle flavours. My wife enthused about the broccoli & blue cheese potato cake that she had. For main course we had burger (and such a small word doesn't do justice to the succulent meat I received!), and tempura vegetables (the likes of which you'd expect only to get in a top-class Japanese restaurant). Feeling greedy, we rounded this all off with their superb lemon tart and two lovely coffees. Definitely an evening to remember and to write to TripAdvisor about.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scalded tongue”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We came here based on Trip Advisor reviews on a weekday, mid-March and got two mochas and a bun. Well priced and nice coffee.

Came back and bought two takeaway lattes on Sunday 23rd March. I didn't see the girl make the coffee as I used the bathroom. Took them to the car and scalded my tongue on the first sip. It was around 15 minutes until the coffee was drinking temperature. Milk was obviously too hot, are the weekend staff not trained as baristas? Just forgot to use the milk thermometer? I don't know.

Reasonably priced but poor coffee. Don't know if I'd be back.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“The best soup around ”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We often go to olive bizarre when out for a walk on a Sunday. It has become a regular treat to ourselves and never disappoints. Their soups are always varied and unusual and a delight for a vegetarian.