“Interesting lunch”

Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: European, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family run business at the heart of the Live music scene for over 40 years, winner of many awards for our restaurants and food, proud server to the local community and beyond, we have something for everyone.....only at O'Hares
Belfast
“Interesting lunch”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited Ohares for my sisters birthday, the bar is lovely and the other surroundings beautiful... Although whilst there we ordered a meal, the girl who serviced us was obnoxious and rude.... We complained about our meal and we practically told there was nothing wrong with it, myself or my sister didn't eat the meal and when we went to pay we were charged FULL price even though everything was still on the plate.... The waitress argued with us so we just paid and left... It was a horrible experience and one I will never be repeating!!

• Visited June 2014
7 Thank Mummy212

“The manager needs to learn some manners! ”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Having recently visited newcastle on a quieter monday night, we came across a lively crowd in o'hares. The place itself is full of character and it had a very classy lounge on the second floor. However, during the end of the night when things were clearing out - i went into the girls toliet on the ground floor with another girl i was with. When i was in the cubicle he came in shouting, telling us to hurry up and asking how long it takes to go to the toliet ( which is none of his business anyway) I came out, washed my hands and whilst drying them he came in again and reprimanded my friend for washing her hands twice which she didnt. He was just so rude! Certainly no asset to any business. I work in bar and hospitality, and would still consider his attitude out of order. Some lame excuse about trying to count the tills whilst trying to get everybody out. Advice - get some manners or find a job were you dont have to deal with the general public if you have no patience, Nile.

3 Thank Jessie S
OHares_Newcastle, General Manager at O'Hares Newcastle, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Jessie, thank you for your review. Allow me to apologise again for the way you were treated. I had come in to ask you and your friend to hurry up as it was past closing time and the bar needed to be cleared. It was around 5 to 10 minutes later that I came back in to ask you again. In that time, as I explained to you, I had cleared the rest of the place and you were the last 2 people there. If anything I said or the way I acted offended you then I truly am sorry, that was never my intention I believed we were having a bit of a laugh. I hope you will accept my apology and give us another chance to prove that this was truly a one off.
Sydney, Australia
“Interesting Meal @ O'Hares”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just called into this great looking pub/restaurant with extremely friendly staff. Amazing main courses and best coffee I have had in Northern Ireland. However, a complete let down on the desserts - the lemon tarte was shop bought pie cases with lemon juice thickened with cornflour, the cheesecake was straight out of a packet and the cream sprayed out of a tin. This left a bad taste in our mouths. They need to do something about this!!

• Visited June 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Bar”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Lovely bar the atmosphere was great, although we did not dine the food being served to customers looked tasty

Visited May 2014
“Great bar, great restaurant, friendly staff,brilliant weekend entertainment”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Was at O'Hares last Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon for the carvery. Must say even though this is very busy bar the staff were very attentive. The band on Saturday night was first class. Brilliant nights craic, would definitely go back!!

The carvery on Sunday is second to none if your looking a bite to eat.

• Visited May 2014