All reviewsgarden roomgranolasconesmourne mountainslovely hostsfreshly squeezed orange juicepicture windowself catering apartmentfantastic breakfastwheat breadfull irishone night staythree nightsbreakfast menulocal produceon arrivala lovely stay
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Beautiful setting, clean room, really comfortable bed - fantastic welcome and truly excellent breakfast. Will definitely be back - cannot recommend this place highly enough. We stayed in "The Front Room". There was tea and coffee making facilities in the room and home baked cookies!!! Freshly cooked breakfast with generous tea and freshly brewed coffee and home made brown bread and scones!! Delicious.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EilsJames
Reviewed 3 May 2016

I booked her for my parents as a gift, and they both really enjoyed their stay. I was there when they were checking in, the house is amazing. The fact of being of close to the town but the peace of the country. They stayed in the loft which was very clean and comfortable with amazing views. The owners and staff were all very friendly and very helpful, and my parents said the breakfast was 5 star! They will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The loft is perfect, lots of space with your own entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

A complete delight. Wonderful room, wonderful hosts, and amazing breakfast. Close to town and other local sights. Parking and Wi-Fi included. Hosts knowledgeable about area with suggestions and recommendations. Lovely!
Everyone should stay here!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2016

We stayed in The Loft at Cherryhill Lodge and just loved it. It is a delightful spacious area with sleeping accommodation for 3 individual adults and, in fact, could accommodate a family of 2 adults and 3 little people. It is airy and well lit and has a general happy ambience; it is well equipped for self catering if desired. Patricia's breakfast is yummy served in an attractive dining room tastefully furnished. Despite her busy schedule she has time to interact with guests just enough and not too much. We sure hope to make a return visit and highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: The Loft is perfect for 3 guests. It's located in separate area with no noise or interruption from others, self contained and very private.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Em-Gee1508
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Where on earth do I begin? Booked to stay here less than 24 hours before check in! I noticed on the website that if you want an earlier check in just to ask. So I thought I'd do just that but totally understood if this was not possible considering my late booking. I got an email from Patricia saying my room would be done first and I could check in much earlier! What a great first impression! Eager to get down we hit the road as soon as possible although delayed by traffic we still had a warm welcome. The property and views are breath taking! We stayed in the front room and I cannot fault it. It was clean, comfortable and with lots of windows the sun just beamed into the room. I'm a big fan of natural light! The ensuite was lovely, the shower was fabulous (I need to buy one for myself) and looking out the window you could just about see the sea! There is a little sun room to sit with a fridge and windows overlooking the beautiful garden at the foot of the mournes. A very comfortable night sleep but waking up to the smell of home baked bread was the best part!! I chose the pancakes with bacon and syrup. The pancakes were fluffy perfectly fresh and delicious. The star of the show was the wheaten bread. I would buy a fresh baked wheaten loaf off Patricia every week if I could! The nicest wheaten I have ever tasted. Breakfast truly blew me away. Patricia and John were so approachable, so welcoming and perfect hosts. Thank you so so much for your hospitality! We will be back!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple