“Awesome”

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Been going here from my first anniversary in 1992. Always an amazing stay. Luxurious and welcoming. Food beautiful. Breakfast sets you up for the day. Rooms beautiful and so comfortable. Beds are unbelievable. The staff are friendly allways attentive and pleasant. Downsides the breakfast is Buffett so limitless not good for the waistline. Just love this place
The pool and sauna have maybe the best view a spa can have the mountains of mourne. We'll be back. Again and again and again.

1 Thank Harrygmd

Islandmagee
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Very good to us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

They were very good to us, we had stopped just looking for something like tea and a scone and been told elsewhere we couldn’t do that. Here they were happy to have us, and we got our tea and a scone – plus extras. Someone went round with a tiered thing of traybakes for free for anybody to choose from. We’re sure that they very kindly left it, with quite a few items still on it, on this young man’s table, like they were letting him finish them all off!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank wandererIslandmagee
Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Complete relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

After a long walk up the Mourne Mountains we spent the afternoon in the wonderful Slieve Donard Spa. The views looking out at the sea and the mountains as you are relaxing in the jacuzzi
are amazing, great sauna and steam room lots of loungers not to mention the swimming pool, just the ticket after a morning of exercise. If in Newcastle don't miss it.

Visited April 2014
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding of my son”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel over 3 nights with extended family from both sides of the wedding party at the end of March 2014.
Accommodation was excellent ,food could not be faulted as all needed a good breakfast and coming from farming background that was really important to start each day. The choice was excellent and there was no rush to leave the dinning area.
The staff were very friendly and helpful ,smiles all round ,a very happy atmosphere. It was evident that the staff enjoy their work. Uniforms were immaculate.
A special mention to 'Mohamed' for his professional approach to the wedding details,his humour and organisational skills were excellent.
Also another special mention to the' chef 'as the meal was superb, without fault ,warm on each table and the meat was soooo tender.
I would recommend Slieve Donnard to any couple planning a wedding or to any friends or family. I will definitely be back.
The spa was however a little disappointing
The female figures on the lawn where a little concerning for some of the more mature friends and family.
Apart from that I could not fault the hotel or staff in any way
Well done Slieve Donnard for making my son and daughter in laws day so special

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very Unsatisfied”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I where giving a day at the spa as a gift, it is 4 star hotel, but my personal view for the spa would be 3/10.
No 1, went for a swim, five minutes later two tourists walk in with rucksacks as if they came from the mourne mountains, walked straight in to the sauna room, with their outdoor footwear, where was the staff?.
No 2 went to vitality pool with my wife and a short time later mother gets in with a baby and two toddlers, where is the staff?, where is the health and safety? CCTV must not be working!
No 3 went to the sauna room sitting looking out over the sea and the wooden seat in the sauna was unstable, it fell and I saw that there was Rusting nails on the wood.
No 4 . Time wasting. The beauty therapist was lovely although when she was half way through my treatment she went to get me a glass of water which I didn't ask for ,again time wasting. She didn't return back until 5 minutes later " what's wrong with a bottle of water sitting in the massage room?" Our gift package intitled us to a 55 minute treatment but infact the massage did only last 40-45 minutes,Won't be back, definitely not worth £170.00!! Anthony from Co.Down

Visited November 2013