“we love it”

Mourneview Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Mourneview Caravan Park
Reviewed 4 June 2011

i brought a caravan in april 11. i have 5 kids ranging from 18 down to 5 my kids love it they have found lots of friends the people around me are very helpful they have made me and my kids very welcome the both parks are brillant one of my kids has special needs so he loves it gets more freedom great nature reserve and lovely walks around the site lovely clean i like the idea the big ones have to be in for 11 so you dont have to fight with them to get them in shop great not bad of price. food in rest not nice love a cafe in it or subway cant wait till kids get off at school in summer hope for great weather

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank janetspurs

Reviewed 2 March 2011

Having owned a static caravan at mourneview caravan park for more years than I care to remember and having witnessed all the changes which have taken place over the past years at the park I have to say I feel very privileged that I have been able to waken up each morning to breathe the fresh air coming off the sea, to walk the beach which is virtually a stones throw from my caravan door, to feel safe and secure on a site which is carefully monitored for the benefit of all who use it. The standard of cleanliness is superb. It has a shop and an Indian restaurant on site and lots to do for all the family. We have found the staff courtious and efficient and would certainly recommend The Mourneview to anyone looking for a home from home experience in an idealic location ....a little bit of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: April 2010
3  Thank Gina W
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The management at this site has changed and I must say not for the better. Since david the previous manager and a friendly and helpful guy at that left, a new lady manager has stepped in. I find the new manager abrupt and unfriendly making your stay that little bit less enjoyable. I would suggest that if you are considering buying here that you ask other caravan owners for there opinion before doing so.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
18  Thank thetrickybricky
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I have stayed on this site on numerous occasions over 20yrs. It's not a patch on previous visits. I stayed during July & Aug on previous years and there was committee who had daily events during these months. The events were during the days and at night aimed for adults and children. There were games, fetes, sports days, car boot sales, bingo, swimming competitions and on wet days films were put on to entertain the children and parents like myself got a break. Now a days there is very little to entain the children, the pool is no longer there, (this was a god send on wet days believe it or not) the children all headed to there. Put in its place are slot machines. I for one don't agree with these and a lot of other caravanners are of the same opinion. I miss the old Mourneview the way it was before and so do a lot of my friends there. But the owner is not someone to comprise. I would be back tomorrow if the old staff and owner was still there. Ohh they were really happy days....

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
14  Thank dove53
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Mourneview is the nicest caravan site in Newcastle. I've had my caravan their for nine years and have loved every minute of it. I am only a teenager but ever since I first came down, I have had lots of friends. The staff and Wardens are lovely people and are very easy to get along with. The people who work in the shop and cafe are really friendly and always have a smile on their faces. There are 2 parks which make it family friendly as one of the parks are for 8 years of age and under. There is also a football pitch which is very big and has 2 football nets and 2 basketball nets. It has its own private walkway to the beach and the site has a laundry service provided. Not to mention the disco and bingo sessions on a saturday and sunday night. These nights are very enjoyable! Yes there was a problem with travellers and as a matter of fact they werent even supposed to be staying on the site. The owner of Mourneview didn't know that they had parked their touring vans on the premises and as soon as he found out he had them off. And see all you people that write bad reviews about Mourneview, you are all SAD! x

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mourneview_BabesS
Reviewed 16 January 2008

I have static caravan at mourneview i would like to say that it is a wonderful caravan. There is discos and bingos every saturday and sunday nights which is very enjoyable. There is a shop and cafe which are open form 9 in the morining. The wardens are very pleasent if you have any problems with your caravan they are always happy to help. The staff in the shop and cafe are very pleasent and talkitive. The other caravaners are very nice. I couldnt say that there was anything wrong with this caravan park it is the best I have ever stayed in

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank liverpool_babe94
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We own a touring caravan and have used this site on various occasions during the last 4 years. We spent the weekend there last at the site and were appalled to find that there were 'travellers' living there, bull staff terriers were walking around without a leash which meant that we had to keep our labrador in the caravan all weekend. At 3.30 in the early hours of the Sunday morning we were woken by a husband and wife in the next camper van who were 'travellers' were physically fighting and the police had to be called to resolve the situation. My 2 children were woken up from the noise.
I rang the holiday park owner to request a refund which he refused and only offered me one night free accommodation as compensation.
I would not go back to Mourneview if I was paid and I think all caravanners out there should seriously reconsider this site as it promises a quiet free and easy holiday on the internet however it is anything but!

19  Thank CoDownTraveller