“Mourneview is for me”

Mourneview Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Mourneview Caravan Park
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Mourneview is for me”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Have read a few of the other reviews and could not disagree more with their views. I have had a caravan on Mourneview for quite a few years and have to say I love everything about it. It is the perfect location for a relaxing holiday with access straight onto murlogh nature reserve and onto the beach. My daughter and her friend play in the play park from morning to night and I can assure you that there is no glass in the play park or no people drinking around it ..!!!! There is a Disco and Bingo ran on Saturday and Sunday nights which my daughter has attended and even I myself the bingo . The staff on Mourneview run these on their own time which I think shows alot of dedication giving up their free time. Any time I have had any problems on the site they have been dealt with quickly and professionally . I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank plaza14

Solo
Business
MOIRA
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Unlike 2 ( terrible) reviews, I MUST say I DEF feel I'm going to review a different park!!!. Have been on Mourneview for 3 seasons, only selling now as our heart belongs to Spain. In the 3 years ( beg March - end Oct ) each time, we have found office staff to go over & beyond what's expected of them. The lady in question has NEVER been rude, unpolite, only helpful. As for the OWNER- not the manager, he is an upright gentleman, always polite and pleasant, ALWAYS HELPFUL, of course a businessman also, so could that be the problem with the terrible reviews I wonder !!! We have NEVER seen broken glass or glass bottles around park. The park is clean, very clean if fact. Also a chip van on site ( have sampled it also). Entertainment there Saturday for Kids ( Disco ) and Sunday for whoever ( Bingo). I feel I MUST defend this park and our time there was excellent, could'nt have asked for anything more. C&V

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank VickyMoira
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I've had a caravan for a few years on this site and I have to say this is the worst caravan site for kids, it doesn't have anything for them to do. There is a park in the site that has dirty swings and slides that don't get cleaned at all and there is always people drinking outside of it at around 9 at night, they also leave their broken glass bottles in the park fo kids to get cut on and none of this glass ever gets picked up by staff. There is bingo that opens on a sunday that is said to be for kids, but all there ever is in there is a bunch of grumpy elderly people that don't let the kids have any fun. So if you are looking for a caravan site I would advice not picking this one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank BillyAnnonymous

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle hotels

belfast
Reviewed 4 June 2011

i brought a caravan in april 11. i have 5 kids ranging from 18 down to 5 my kids love it they have found lots of friends the people around me are very helpful they have made me and my kids very welcome the both parks are brillant one of my kids has special needs so he loves it gets more freedom great nature reserve and lovely walks around the site lovely clean i like the idea the big ones have to be in for 11 so you dont have to fight with them to get them in shop great not bad of price. food in rest not nice love a cafe in it or subway cant wait till kids get off at school in summer hope for great weather

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank janetspurs
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Having owned a static caravan at mourneview caravan park for more years than I care to remember and having witnessed all the changes which have taken place over the past years at the park I have to say I feel very privileged that I have been able to waken up each morning to breathe the fresh air coming off the sea, to walk the beach which is virtually a stones throw from my caravan door, to feel safe and secure on a site which is carefully monitored for the benefit of all who use it. The standard of cleanliness is superb. It has a shop and an Indian restaurant on site and lots to do for all the family. We have found the staff courtious and efficient and would certainly recommend The Mourneview to anyone looking for a home from home experience in an idealic location ....a little bit of heaven on earth.

• Stayed April 2010
3 Thank Gintor
belfast
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The management at this site has changed and I must say not for the better. Since david the previous manager and a friendly and helpful guy at that left, a new lady manager has stepped in. I find the new manager abrupt and unfriendly making your stay that little bit less enjoyable. I would suggest that if you are considering buying here that you ask other caravan owners for there opinion before doing so.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
18 Thank thetrickybricky
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I have stayed on this site on numerous occasions over 20yrs. It's not a patch on previous visits. I stayed during July & Aug on previous years and there was committee who had daily events during these months. The events were during the days and at night aimed for adults and children. There were games, fetes, sports days, car boot sales, bingo, swimming competitions and on wet days films were put on to entertain the children and parents like myself got a break. Now a days there is very little to entain the children, the pool is no longer there, (this was a god send on wet days believe it or not) the children all headed to there. Put in its place are slot machines. I for one don't agree with these and a lot of other caravanners are of the same opinion. I miss the old Mourneview the way it was before and so do a lot of my friends there. But the owner is not someone to comprise. I would be back tomorrow if the old staff and owner was still there. Ohh they were really happy days....

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
14 Thank dove53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
#1 of 7 in Kilkeel
Meelmore Lodge
Meelmore Lodge
#2 of 18 in Newcastle

Been to Mourneview Caravan Park? Share your experiences!