“Always good!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Saintfield
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The White Horse Inn, Saintfield, County Down is a bar, bistro & pizzeria serving dishes with finest fresh local ingredients and a great selection of draught Whitewater Brewery Microbrewery beers. We serve 28 day dry aged local sirloin, fresh local fish and make our dough daily to cook in the Italian wood fired oven in our Flaming Crust restaurant
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Have been here a few times and I've never been disappointed. Great service with good honest food. Potion sizes are big. We only ordered one kids meal between our two toddlers and they divided it up in the kitchen for us. Something so simple but was greatly appreciated. We are normally just thrown another plate. Will be back (again)!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had a meal here with my wife midweek, booked a table for 7pm but turned up early, we were shown promptly to a table and ordered drinks. We ordered of the set 2 course menu and the starters arrived quickly, they were both fantastic. The main courses arrived and once again we were delighted with it. My wife with a sweet tooth talked me into desert and once again they were out of this world. Both the food and service were fantastic. And we cannot wait to call again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Took my family on a Tuesday night which I thought was a great idea but to my dismay it was a bad choice. I'm originally from Saintfield and I have been in the White horse many times but on this occasion I felt embarrassed for the place. The staff on duty didn't know what they were doing, there was a total lack of co-ordination.It was possible that only one person was working in the kitchen as the food was so slow, we waited about an hour. There were others moaning as well about the speed and of course there were those who didn't seem to care as they seemed to be used to it. The girl who was possibly supervising wasn't good, she didn't say thanks or acknowledge us leaving .We left the standard tip which wasn't deserved only because my family insisted. We were also pestered by flies the whole time we were in the restaurant, one would expect the restaurant to take action about that.
I don't know what has happened here, perhaps they were short staffed or people were on holiday but the fact that they didn't provide an explanation is unprofessional

2  Thank mushuBelfast
Reviewed 23 July 2014

When visiting Saintfield we always visit The White Horse Inn simply because they do an amazing seafood chowder. Even when it is not on the lunch menu they will make it specially for us if they can.

How annoying is it then that even when the restaurant is virtually empty on a mid week afternoon they force you to sit at their tiny tables for two. The table is so small you have to put the bottle of water and side dishes on the floor or a nearby bench!

On our last three visits we have asked for and been refused a bigger table and during each visit the restaurant has remained virtually empty! It is beginning to irritate us so much I'm not sure when we will be back which is a pity.

WhiteHorseInnSfield, Front Office Manager at White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are very sorry to hear about this. We have spoken to floor staff and can promise this will never happen again, if there is another seat available at the time of dining, we will accommodate. I hope this does not put you off further visits to the White Horse Inn, as we appreciate your custom.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Always hear great things about this little restaurant, so we decided to finally give it a go. Good menu, nice variety, reasonably priced, although very big portions, hard to finish a main after having a starter. Great 2 course special at 13.95, nice selection of roast dinners for a Sunday. Staff our attentive, although we did feel rushed, one woman in particular (who seemed to be the boss) was quite blunt and I had no sooner ate my last bit of lovely Roast Beef, and she was over clearing the plates. Other than that service was good, beautiful food.

1  Thank Marian1972