“Great service Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Sosta

La Sosta
Ranked #20 of 184 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Great service Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Very happy with the overall experiance....welcoming warm staff. The food was quality and presented well...will go again for sure....

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Having phoned prior to booking, and being reassured that the restaurant could offer gluten free options on the menu, including for the pasta dishes, I was very disappointed on arrival to be met with disdain upon requesting information on the options available. In the end, the dish I was presented with was well below what I would have expected from a restaurant of this standing. The beef was cooked to perfection, however the sauce was extremely strong and appeared to be tomato puree with very little else. The gluten free penne pasta was over-cooked and mushy and the whole affair was thrown onto a plate with no thought to presentation. I understand that special dietary requirements are not always easily accommodated, and if I had been told this would be problematic upon booking, we would have gone elsewhere. On a positive note, my husband's monkfish was cooked to perfection and the wine was delicious. The ambient atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasing, if a litte stilted and snooty. We have been to Italy and tasted "authentic Italian cuisine", including gluten free options. I am afraid this restaurant sadly disappointed us and left a rather large dent in our wallet which was not justified by the food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Belfastborn66
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Great ambience and gorgeous food!!! Staff are very helpful and the manager was great at choosing our wine. Will definitely be back

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“At last truly authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

In my experience it's pretty difficult to find truly authentic Italian restaurants in N Ireland but la Sosta hit the mark perfectly. I'd wanted to go for ages as loads of folk had recommended it. I had the butternut squash risotto ( perfectly cooked to just over al dente) and rabbit fillet in calvados sauce (so good I nearly asked for an extra jug of sauce) and tiramisu. Everything expertly cooked and a superb wine menu. It's not cheap but it is worth it. My only complaint (and I'd have to hunt hard for one) is that the decor is not as premium as the food. But still a fabulous experience. I'll definitely be back and I'll definitely be recommending

1 Thank Jgilro
Belfast
“Proper authentic Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Really great service and food at La Sosta. Could well be a hidden gem in Derry. Small authentic Italian restaurant with very attentive welcoming staff.

• Visited February 2014