“Best restaurant by far!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Sosta

La Sosta
Ranked #20 of 184 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Derry and I was looking for a nice restaurant to eat in and this was a treat! This restaurant has a wide selection of wines which taste amazing. The staff were so welcoming and Claudio was such a gentleman. Absolutely amazing food and great deserts. Glad I visited to get the taste of a real italian resturant!

1 Thank James N

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“In a league of its own!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Great ambience and gorgeous food!!! Staff were very helpful and the manager was great at choosing our wine -definitely the best wine list in town! The beautiful piano music playing in the background made for a perfect evening.
Will definitely be back!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good Food - A little overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I visited this restaurant for dinner recently on a Saturday evening with my husband. The ambience is very nice and the staff were all very efficient and helpful.

Although the food was good and cooked very well, I personally felt it was a little overpriced. I ordered pasta for my main course, and whilst large portions are often intimidating, there definitely could have been more food; if I had of realised the portion size was going to be so small I would have ordered a side dish.

Overall, I enjoyed my evening here but the price and portion size would perhaps encourage me to try somewhere else next time I visit Derry.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 958MCP
Dublin, Ireland
“Great service Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Very happy with the overall experiance....welcoming warm staff. The food was quality and presented well...will go again for sure....

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Having phoned prior to booking, and being reassured that the restaurant could offer gluten free options on the menu, including for the pasta dishes, I was very disappointed on arrival to be met with disdain upon requesting information on the options available. In the end, the dish I was presented with was well below what I would have expected from a restaurant of this standing. The beef was cooked to perfection, however the sauce was extremely strong and appeared to be tomato puree with very little else. The gluten free penne pasta was over-cooked and mushy and the whole affair was thrown onto a plate with no thought to presentation. I understand that special dietary requirements are not always easily accommodated, and if I had been told this would be problematic upon booking, we would have gone elsewhere. On a positive note, my husband's monkfish was cooked to perfection and the wine was delicious. The ambient atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasing, if a litte stilted and snooty. We have been to Italy and tasted "authentic Italian cuisine", including gluten free options. I am afraid this restaurant sadly disappointed us and left a rather large dent in our wallet which was not justified by the food.

• Visited March 2014