“Great Italian in Derry”
Review of La Sosta

La Sosta
Ranked #22 of 188 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Italian in Derry”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Our first dinner in Ireland on vacation. Very good food. Owner picked a beautiful wine for us. Several tables have beautiful views. Casual to formal. Really nice dining experience.

1 Thank John C

Swanley, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Brilliant, little restaurant, the food is fantastic, the choice of wine and drinks is good. The service was spot on.
Not on the main routes in town, but worth seeking this out for a great meal.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Paul S
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant by far!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Derry and I was looking for a nice restaurant to eat in and this was a treat! This restaurant has a wide selection of wines which taste amazing. The staff were so welcoming and Claudio was such a gentleman. Absolutely amazing food and great deserts. Glad I visited to get the taste of a real italian resturant!

1 Thank James N
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“In a league of its own!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Great ambience and gorgeous food!!! Staff were very helpful and the manager was great at choosing our wine -definitely the best wine list in town! The beautiful piano music playing in the background made for a perfect evening.
Will definitely be back!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good Food - A little overpriced”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I visited this restaurant for dinner recently on a Saturday evening with my husband. The ambience is very nice and the staff were all very efficient and helpful.

Although the food was good and cooked very well, I personally felt it was a little overpriced. I ordered pasta for my main course, and whilst large portions are often intimidating, there definitely could have been more food; if I had of realised the portion size was going to be so small I would have ordered a side dish.

Overall, I enjoyed my evening here but the price and portion size would perhaps encourage me to try somewhere else next time I visit Derry.

• Visited March 2014