“One night stay”
Review of Waterfoot Hotel

Waterfoot Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Check in quick n easy. Reception area is fine and modern. Room was fine and not as modern but does the job. Ordered room service which was quick and reasonably priced and food was fine.
Overall good for the price paid for a one night stay.
Could not work the ironing board at all. Only other downside was they have no views from the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Andrew L, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review The Waterfoot Hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Attended a wedding at the hotel yesterday, and having booked the venue for our own wedding next year i'm glad to say we were not disappointed!
The staff we very efficent the whole day through, and the whole day went without a problem!! The service was excellent & the food was amazing! I couldn't even finish my dinner (which doesn't happen often with me)!! And nothing was a problem when it came to service.
Needless to say it put our minds at ease about our own wedding, very glad we have chosen this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
HelenSt, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the wedding you recently attended and were very impressed with the food, staff and service. It is great to hear you have booked your own wedding with us at the Waterfoot Hotel and this experience has helped to endorse the excellent service provided. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to your own wedding in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Great staff, good service and good food. The room however is rubbish, faulty fire alarm and noisy generator kept us awake. The bathroom was due for refurb 15 years ago, bed too small, hairdryer and tv didn't work.

1  Thank charlie_454

Charlie 454 I see from your review you had a mixed opinion on various aspects of the hotel. First the good comments, good food, good staff & good service - thank you for these kind comments. We are delighted you obviously enjoyed the wedding attended and everything about it. Unfortunately it appears you stayed overnight in one of our older rooms. Some rooms have been refurbished and some have not. I am sorry you experienced a few issues in your room but can assure you the older rooms in the hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment over the next 6 months. I do hope you will have the opportunity to return and stay with us again when I can assure you all rooms will be up to a high standard. Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed for 2nights at the Waterfoot hotel. Clean and friendly hotel with excellent food!! Situated on the east bank but a short taxi ride will take you to the shopping, nightlife and historic city walls of Londonderry! Would recommend staying here for a weekend break!

• Stayed: May 2013
Andrew L, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I can really recommend this hotel for a great nite out we went to the Adrian knight the hypnotist cabaret night and I must say everything was fantastic the food staff and entertainment and it was all for an amazing price of £35 pound what more could you want.

• Stayed: May 2013

I am delighted to hear you had a very enjoyable evening at the Adrian Knight Hypnotist event on 11th May. Great food, great staff & service with lots of laughs were the perfect combination for a great night out. I do hope we will see you & your friends back at the next Adrian Knight evening on 7th September.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a great hotel if you are doing business in the area, with free and quick wifi in all areas, and a very good and well priced restaurant. The hotel is also only 10 minutes from the airport.
The staff, especially at reception are warm, friendly, and efficient, and the rate is very competitive for a hotel of this quality in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here for 2nights from 3rd-5th May during the Jazz festival. I arrived before my friend who's flight had been delayed, and I thought since the room was booked I her name I would probably have to wait to check-in, but no, the girl on reception was lovely and let me check in as long as she had a card to pre-authorise. All rooms are on the one level in this hotel, which to me was quirky! Now, here's why I've only given a 3star review, the reception area looked like something out of a glossy magazine, it looked like it had been recently refurbished and "stunning" is the only word I can use to describe it. The theme however doesn't continue... a soon as you leave reception it looks like you've been transported to a cheaper (well known) branded hotel and when I opened the door to or room it looked again like a room in this well known branded hotel. The room itself was tidy, clean and just what we wanted, but the amount of wood in the room was, well, a bit OTT in my opinion. The bathroom could also do with a complete make-over, the suite itself like something (again just my opinion) from the 1980s, it was cream in colour, and the floor tiles could have done with a good scrub along with the wall tiles too. Yes it was clean but not in keeping with the impression you get from the modern décor at reception. The shower was ok, not the best in the world but I've stayed in worse. when my friend arrived we thought we'd just stay around the hotel that night and grab some food and drinks. We weren't aware we had to book a table for the restaurant and grabbed table, only to be told "Oh you can't sit here, have you booked?" Can't remember the guys name but he did say to come up to bar and he'd find a table for us. DID HE HECK, we stood for around 10mins without him coming anywhere near us, so we left. It states on the hotels website that they offer "Free Complimentary Taxi's" so we asked for a taxi and headed into the city centre to find a restaurant that was still open (by this time it was around 9pm) The reception failed to tell us that in order to get the "free" taxi you have to ASK for the voucher, (which we didn't know) Fair enough it is only £4 to city centre, but that's not the point. We didn't make the same mistake the next night when heading to the millennium forum, although just check that whoever you ask for the voucher actually signs it as or taxi driver wasn't for accepting it as it was unsigned. Overall the hotel is okay, but next time I'm back in Derry I don't think I'll be staying, mostly because of location, as there is more central hotels in city centre at around the same price which I'm sure will provide a better service.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book the suites as I'm sure they'll be nicer than the "standard&qu...