“Waterfoot Hotel Dec. 27-30, 2009”
Review of Waterfoot Hotel

Waterfoot Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Derry
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 7 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Andrew L, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2015

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 2 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010

Reviewed 7 November 2009

So disappointed in this hotel's staff. We arrived at the Waterfoot Hotel,got ready and headed to the cinema. On our arrival back to our room we heard a very loud and clear band. I rang reception to ask if there was a band playing in the hotel that night,reception said,"no there isn't" I told her I could quite clearly hear a loud band from my room...this was at 11.10pm. We both wanted an early night and as my partner drives as part as his job he needed to get a good nights sleep. Reception said" Oh! Thats right,there's a retirement party on in the function room but it should be over soon". We left it until 12midnight...band was still playing so I got out of bed and went to reception were the night porter said he had just been down, heard the noise and asked when they would be finished...he told me a lady said they would be finished in "5 or 10mins" I said that ok,and went back to my room. It finished at 1.10am!!!!! I was furious to the point were I made a formal compliant to the manager on duty in the morning. I should have saved my time and breath. She said we should have been told there was a function on but we werent!! Or we would have asked for a quietier room. The manager then took two telephone numbers from me even though she already had one from when I booked, said she would pass it on to someone above her and I would receive a call back later that day as the person she was going to get to ring me back was in a meeting. This was at 11.15am,at 4pm that same day I rang them back,as I had not received a call, but the said manager was busy and could not take my call,so the receptionist took my two telephone numbers once again and 3 days later I am STILL WAITING on that call?!?! Great rate on rooms but not worth it. They are just happy to take your money and then its good luck and goodbye. I will never stay in this hotel again...souley because of their customer service. Appaulling!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AnnaDerry
HelenSt, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2009

The management at The Waterfoot hotel responded immediately to this customer upon receipt of their complaint via email and letter as they were not contactable by telephone. We acknowledged the customer had not been informed of the private function due to a breavement & last minute change of date but highlighted the customer had been given the opportunity to move rooms which they chose not to do. The customer has now received the correspondence sent and discussed the issues raised with a senior manager who stressed how seriously we take all customer complaints and took action to obtain a win:win resolution.

Reviewed 7 November 2009

This is a new hotel, only been in business since July I think but they are doing everything right so far. The room was spacious & clean. I can't say enough about the service of the hotel staff & restaurant staff. They must be the hardest working people in all of Ireland. I had quite a few questions & kept forgetting to ask the questions in one go so kept calling the front desk and the clerk was always kind and responsive.

Also the resturant & bar in the hotel seem to be very popular with the locals in Derry, everyone knew where the hotel was no problem, & they seemed to be always pretty busy. Delicious food, good prices.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Not to mention it is very easy & practical to just park your car & take a taxi wherever your going out to...trip to the walls was about 5 pound & a taxi to the bars less than 5 pound. All around great value. All around best stay, wonderful staff, spacious room & great prices .... what more could you want?

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank jadwen

Reviewed 5 November 2009

Loved the modern art-deco theme throughout the hotel.Rooms clean, spacious and modern. Slight disappointment with the bathroom..pink 70 's style theme!! However, great power shower and clean which is the main thing!! Friendly bar and reception staff ..excellent value for money ..40 pounds for the room per night!! 5 pounds by taxi to town centre..will def be back!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 August 2009

Reception area and dining room very modern, clean and tidy. The bedroom was spacious and clean but no view from windows - only a dirty roof. The bathroom appears to be in need of moderisation. Time to do some repairs and to get the bleach out, especially around the bath and shower area. Pieces broken off the wash hand basin. Some noise from other residents in the corridor in the early hours.

Breakfast was disappointing in that the cooked breakfast was cold although it was only 7.45 a.m. - pity the guests coming for breakfast later. No fried eggs, potato bread or hash brown. When we mentioned the temperature of the food to a member of staff she reacted with shock and surprise but made no attempt to correct or apologise. Otherwise a comfortable stay. Convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 August 2009

The Waterfoot hotel has been taken over by new management, newly refurbished and
re-opened in July 2009. My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we saw a great deal advertised so decided to give it a try. We were impressed with the professional, friendly staff, delighted with the spacious bedroom and very pleased with the fabulous food in the new wine bar. There was still some work going on in and around the hotel but staff assured us it will be finished soon.It did not affect our stay at all. We really enjoyed a few drinks in the lovely Snug bar after our meal and chatted with the locals. A great hotel, a great visit and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple