“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caw Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derry
Caw Cottage B&B
Ranked #5 of 47 Derry B&B and Inns
Oro Station, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in B&Bs for almost a month in Ireland and Northern Ireland and the Caw Cottage was one of the best. The location was perfect for Derry in a quiet neighborhood and the breakfasts were just wonderful. Both Jim and Dee could not have been more helpful and gave us great information on dining and some sites that we had not planned on visiting. The room was everything we needed for the three of us as we were traveling with our adult daughter and there was even parking right on site which isn't always the case in city B&Bs. I enjoyed talking with Jim and getting his knowledge and advice regarding Derry and his insight into various parts of the city. A wonderful place that I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Derry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Caw Cottage for one night on our trip to the northern coast of Ireland. The owners are extremely helpful and wonderfully hospitable! The house is like a home aeay from home: Perfectly decorated, well-kept, and very clean. Our breakfast was simply delicious! We enjoyed every moment of our stay! Thank you very much and see you next time!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Caw Cottage is a delightful homely place to stay in a city that is growing in stature and confidence. Jim and Dee are warm and engaging hosts who make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Breakfast is a triumph and sets you up for the day. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at Caw Cottage over Easter this year. Dee and Jim were very friendly and attentive. Although it was a time when they might have wanted to be busy with family and friends they were happy to serve breakfast whenever we wanted it and were always offering to run us in to town. We took them up on this offer on one day as we had a bit of a wardrobe crisis on the morning of going to a wedding and Dee really saved the day for us!. Lovely breakfasts - tasty but with healthy options. Comfy room and nice location near the park and river. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed in Caw cottage a few weeks ago when I was working at some events in the area. I required a single room and was determined to write this review when I had the chance as it's important to praise such outstanding customer service and facilities. One key aspect of Caw cottage which really made my visit outstanding when travelling alone was the kindness and warmth of the owners Dympna and Jim. This meant so much to me as a single traveller. I was made to feel so welcome and at home. Another massive positive was the outstanding breakfast which set me up for my busy days! The location was ideal for working in the city centre and also for evening entertainment with clients. I could walk to work during the day and in the evenings taxis were no problem although on occasions I got a lift with Jim or Dympna which was always a treat and a testament to just how wonderful they are as hosts. I learnt a lot about the history and culture of the city through their stories on the evenings I did stay in and over breakfast. What a delight. I could not recommend this B&B enough!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Ohatchee, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Caw Cottage is one of the best B&B's we have stayed in, but if you're considering booking here, keep this bit of advice in mind...

I traveled to Derry with two friends, so we booked a family room that would accommodate all three of us. After arriving, the B&B was not completely booked, so I was given a single room to stay in. I did not realize that I would be charged an extra forty-five pounds per night for this room. Had I known that I would pay extra for this room, I would not have taken it. It is my fault for not asking ahead of time if we would be charged extra for the room and assuming that it was complimentary, so I cannot deduct a star from my rating. Just remember to talk with the owners and confirm the quoted price BEFORE taking the room and settling in.

Other than the price quote incident, everything else was perfect. The beds are wonderful, the breakfast is out of this world, and the owners are so accommodating. They played music we loved, asked for and washed a load of our laundry, and even used their own personal vehicle to give us a ride to a restaurant they booked us into. One really cannot ask for a better B&B to stay in. We would definitely recommend (with the price double check).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
4 Thank purplevictory
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just loved this B&B--Jim's stories and Dee's breakfast were great fun and we will return soon! We just happened upon this cottage and were fortunate to find a room. It's in a friendly residential neighborhood with easy walking access to the Peace Bridge and downtown Derry.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family