“Clean place, friendly people, excellent food!”

Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 Derry B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Clean place, friendly people, excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Clean place, friendly people, excellent food! Highly recommend this B&B to those who are travelling around the area. Ask for advise from the owners if you want to know the best places! The room was very clean and quiet. The location was great as well, easy access to the city centre. And last but not least we loved..

Room Tip: Double room is brilliant!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
stgparkview, Owner at Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
It was great to have you academics here for the weekend for the conference at Magee University. These events are really a show piece for the city of Culture. Thanks for taking the time to write a review its much appreciated. If you plan a return anytime call or email direct. Kind regards Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I just finished a 3 night stay at Rose Park Hse and would be very happy to recommend this B&B.
My room and ensuite were very clean, breakfast was top notch, hospitality from my hosts was second to none. My bed was very comfortable and I slept well every night. Free wifi was a big plus. I spoke to the owner directly pre booking and received a very good room rate. Derry is a lovely place to visit it's a pity my stay wasn't longer..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Good location, very friendly owners, good prices. I highly recommend this B&B to those who are travelling around the area. Ask for advise from the owners if you want to know the best places!
The room was very clean and quiet. The location was great as well, easy access to the city centre. And last but not least we loved the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

This B&B is situated up the hill from the city center. We were three couples in Ireland for a wedding and we enjoyed staying in a walk able location to the city. We did cab back to the house after a night at the pubs :) The innkeeper is very knowledgeable about Derry history and happy to share his city's history. The morning Ulster Fry was quite good and a nice change up from the full Irish.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heathercookelliott
stgparkview, Owner at Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thanks for your review we really appreciate that you would take the time to write a review. I am sure you enjoyed your Irish wedding and are full of memories of the Emerald isle.
Elderslie, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife, son and I stayed at Rose Park House from 16th to 17th February 2013. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome. As we arrived at 10 am, we wanted only to leave our cases and come back later. The owner's brother gave us a lift back into the city, which we found to be extremely helpful, as he showed us different places we could visit. We have never had this kind of service anywhere else.The house was exceptionally clean, and the room was tastefully decorated. A very comfortable be gave us a good night's rest. When we came back from down town,we were given coffee and biscuits by Tommy, the owner. The breakfast in the morning was full Irish, or you could have a smaller version if you preferred. Good food, and extra toast and tea/coffee if you wanted. The family went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

Tommy says that in the summer months,he intends to give tours by car, and perhaps guided walking tours, around the stunning countryside which is only 10 minutes away by car. He did this for us this morning. Again, we found this to be over and above anything we expected, or have been offered alsewhere.

Rose Park House is an establishment I can recommend extremely highly, and we will go back there the next time wew are in the Derry area. If you book to stay there, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are as good as each other.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wicker2
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed overnight at this fantastic b&b in Derry. What value for money, it was unbelievable. Friendly hosts and Thomas was a mind of information which was enlightening. Thanks. Room was bright and wonderfully clean and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was a delight. I would definitely recommend this b&b to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I visited Derry in the 31st of January and stayed for two nights. It was easy to find and for people taking public transportation a bus stop is very near. Even though the taxi will not be very expensive. The location is quite close to the city center and you can walk the distance, especially going down hill. When I first arrived the first thing I noticed was the very lovely building of the B&B and I was greeted by the very friendly owners. The room was very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. The owners were very helpful and gave me all the necessary information I required and had the opportunity to learn a lot about the towns history. There was a choice of breakfast, from something lighter to the very well prepared continental breakfast that kept me going until the afternoon! My stay in the Rose Park B&B was a lot better than most hotels I have stayed in and had an excellent quality to price ratio. Not only that but there was a homely atmosphere that made me feel I was staying at a friends house and gave me an excellent example of Irish hospitality! When I visit Derry again I will be sure to book with them and I would gladly recommend them to my friends and anyone else.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business