“My Easter break in Ireland”

Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 Derry B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“My Easter break in Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

My friends decided to take me to Ireland for a little break as I have recently been diagnosed with cancer and have had quite a rough time with it all. I have to use a wheelchair to get around but the family at this wonderful bed & breakfast went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, welcome and even part of the family. Nothing was a problem and my every need was met and surpassed, the rooms are so lovely warm and welcoming, I would recommend this perfect place to anyone wanting a home from home break. You couldn't wish for better!!! I can't thank them enough and will be back in August! Jenny from Mansfield England.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jaldridge52
stgparkview, Owner at Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Hi Jenny so glad you enjoyed your stay and your sentiments are reciprocated here. One of our first guests here almost 4 yrs ago made a comment at the door when leaving. He said, "I arrived as a Stranger but I leave as a friend", That thought is imprinted here, the many strangers who arrive are but friends not met. A few lines of a poem by Robert Frost sum up my thoughts "Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Look forward to see you in August.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed here for one night in the single room with ensuite. The room was clean, cosy and comfortable and more than met my needs for the night. The owner was very friendly and accommodating, when I was leaving, he came outside and showed me a shortcut into the city centre as he'd noticed I was heading in the wrong direction. Breakfast was very good as well. I don't know why other guests had such a problem with the lack of tea/ coffee making facilities? Then again, when I travel, I don't tend to stay in my room drinking tea and coffee! Very reasonable rates, but the best thing was that I didn't feel rushed out of the room the next day.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thanks Siobhan for your feedback. The shortcut to the city through Brooke Park offers great views of the City and of the Walls. So i always point guests in that direction. I appreciated the call this week and your kind understanding. A few more gigs at the venue this year, so maybe you will be back in the City again, if so give us a call. Rgds T
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

A really nice B & B. Great location and very near to city. Room was very clean and warm with all mod cons. Great breakfast. The owner was very friendly and very helpful. knew a lot about the city and the surrounding area. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for the feedback Izy we also enjoy the company here and the opportunity to share our home and a little of our story. Its amazing how breakfast can set the course of a day. The opportunity share our stories. Brings to mind a few lines of a Poem by Charles lamb. "Breakfast"
A dinner party, coffee, tea, Sandwich, or supper, all may be In their way pleasant. But to me
Not one of these deserves the praise. That welcomer of new-born days, A breakfast, merits; ever giving Cheerful notice we are living Another day refreshed by sleep,
Until the next visit. T
Bathurst, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Lovely place to stay! the room we stayed in had all the modern features and the bed ensured we had a good nights sleep. Our breakfast was so yummy and big... didn't have to eat lunch!!
The owners were so informative of the history of Derry and all the activities to do whilst in Derry. They were such lovely people and we wish we had more time to stay!! Would recommend to anyone and will definitely be staying next time we visit Derry!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma S
Hi Emma, Great that you arrived unexpected, you have kept up a tradition of Aussie visitors every week since we opened almost 4 years now. Your comments are much appreciated and I am sure your next visit, (when-ever) will also be just in time to maintain that tradition. We enjoyed your company we hope your adventure in Ireland was full of rich memories. We know how important it is to get a good rest and a tasty breakfast to fuel the day ahead. You are both very welcome if you pass this way again. T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

This B&B can be best described as cosy. It's got a homely atmosphere, welcoming, friendly staff with excellent hospitality!! Our rooms we're comfy and just the right size for a long weekend. Lovely breakfast made by Thomas, our cups were never empty of tea or orange juice in the morning. Just a short 5 minute walk into town where you can find shopping, food and drinks. We had a wonderful weekend in Derry. The icing on the cake would be tea and coffee in our rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura H
stgparkview, Owner at Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
You both got home ok ?, I thought your flights may have been affected by snow. We thank you for the feedback. Before opening almost 4 years ago the best advice i received was ensure ABC The Bed , the Shower and the Breakfast, the rest we work at constantly to meet expectations, I realise that in a B&B its all about being consistent about getting all the many small things right even the The Orange juice. We hope to see you all again next year if not before. Thanks again T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Very accommodating. Lovely hospitality. Short walk into town. Very cheap taxi's. clean and tidy rooms with comfortable beds. Tea and Coffee in the rooms would be ace!!! Great front door security.
Would highly recommend to family and friends and revisit

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CLWestcott
stgparkview, Owner at Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Hi I am sure you are glad to be home to get a rest. You had an action packed weekend. Certainly the house was full of Joy and laughter. We appreciate the comments and the feedback. All the feedback from everyone here was that it was a great day and the "craic was ninty" to quote a famous line from a Christy Moore song. Remember book early for next year and direct for best price. Thanks T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Loved the b&b again this year for st Patrick's weekend, so friendly and bent over backwards to accommodate everyone!! Amazing breakfasts, rooms are fantastic and location is perfect to the town centre. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly hospitable stay!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mmcgrenra
Hi M. Thanks for organizing your friends to stay over again. We want to create the home from home feel about the place and its encouraging when we get return visits. you are now promoted to No1 travel agent in Luton. When our guests relax then we can relax also. So you all enjoyed the weekend and signs are there will be many more to come this year as we celebrate as "Legenderry" City of Culture 2013,