“Fantastic B&B in Derry!”

Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 45 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I picked this B&B because it was highly rated on Trip Advisor and it was an excellent choice! We stayed here on bank holiday Monday. We were greeted by Thomas, the landlord (more about that below), and warmly welcomed. Our room was spotless and we had an excellent Irish breakfast on Tuesday morning. Downtown Derry is walking distance from the B&B, but be warned that the walk back is uphill; if walking isn't your thing, you might want to ride back up in a cab.

Thomas is a wealth of information about Derry and its history, and he also chatted with my husband about the ancestral research we were planning to do later in the week. He and his staff were very nice and gracious, and we enjoyed meeting Ben, the family terrier.

When I called to book the room, I neglected to get directions. We tried to find the house when we arrived in Derry, to no avail, so we finally found a pay phone and I called for directions. Thomas asked where we were and actually drove down and led us back to the B&B. We were most grateful for this kindness.

Rose Park House is an excellent place to stay in Derry and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2013

My review is a little different then the rest. All you want to know about Derry is on other sites, but My stay at Rose Park House was absolutely brilliant. Very close to the city center, just a small walk up the hill and your there. I have been traveling the UK for over a month now and this has been the best B&B I've found. Great room, clean, nice firm bed, Breakfast was cooked perfect and served quick. All my needs were attended too. I asked Mary about some good locations for picture opportunities around the city and she got her dad, Thomas, to help me. They didn't just tell me where to go , but Thomas actually drove me around to different places to see the best vantage point. Wonderful people here. At Rose Park House B&B you aren't just checking in to a B&B, your coming home. Thanks so much Thomas and Mary… Wonderful stay. I will return…. Oh, and Mary, I went back to Peadar's last night. It was like wonderful again, when I walked in the door, the barkeep said, Well hello Ryan, ya in for a wee bit of fun tonight…. and Fun was had. again. Great recommendation. If you want a LEGEN-DERRY experience, stay at Rose Park House. Book early, these folks will fill up fast.

Room Tip: I stayed in the single, it has a memory foam mattress.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

In the fall of 2012 we spent a week driving the northern coastline of N. Ireland. We spent two nights in Derry at the lovely Rose Park House B&B. The owners were very gracious and informative. The room was clean and furnished to our expectations. The price was reasonable. We had booked well in advance. The food was very nice and they allowed you to pick and choose from a good variety. I recommend it to travelers in their price range.

Room Tip: We were in a building behind the main house, which had two beds and ensuite. Parking was secure if t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We loved everything about the hotel, it was neat, cosy and beautifully decorated inside and out. The breakfast was sumptuous - just waht one needs before setting off to explore the wild coastline. The family managing it were all kind and helpful, and fun. The printed out maps for us and helped locate the sights that eluded us. I would recommend this hotel with all my heart both for romantic getaways, family holiday and friends - a perfect base camp for visiting the Giants Causeway, the Dark Hedges and other amazing sights in the Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2013

You could stay in a hotel in Derry, but Derry is a unique city so if you want to really experience it then this is the perfect place to stay. The owners are very friendly local people who will look after you well. It is in a residential area so you will meet people on the way to the centre who will pass the time of day in a friendly way. Derry is full of hills, so it's nice and downhill into town but a bit of a climb back - it's easier through the park and I didn't find it a problem, but if you'd prefer to avoid the climb then taxis are plentiful and cheap. I was working in the city, and would come back again if I was working, but it would be the number one choice if I came as a tourist as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My friend and I stayed at Rose Park House over the May bank holiday weekend as we were visiting Derry for the jazz festival. We got a warm welcome and our room was lovely - immaculately clean and with a lovely en-suite shower room. We were offered a nice hot cuppa before we headed into the city centre. The B&B is about 10-15 minutes walk away from the city centre via a park across the street (we got taxis back at night due to the hills!). Breakfasts were awesome and really set us up for the day! I would heartily recommend Rose Park House.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Great place to stay looked after us really well. Gave us advice on what to see both in Londonderry and the surrounding area. Also recommended 2 great restaurants that weren't expensive but the food and choice of menu was good. It was a long walk up hill to get back to from town but taxis were so cheap it didn't matter. Rooms well furnished and could get car parked off road which I would advise. Need to book the parking when you book the room as not that much space. We had 3 nights there and did Londonderry and the Giants Causeway and then to the most northern part of Ireland which is in Southern Ireland. All easy yo ger to from the bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends