Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast
PremierInn.com
US$99
US$94
Agoda.com
All reviewscity centreulster breakfasthome from homeplace to stayoff street parkinglovely breakfastfriendly ownersmin walkfull irish breakfastvisit derrywonderful staybeautiful cityyogurtcooked breakfastthomasmaryhistory
Reviewed 21 June 2013

As one of the reviewers has written, Thomas who runs this B&B is a wonderful host. He was so helpful in so many ways and is passionate about raising awareness about the history of Derry and Northern Ireland. The B&B was very clean, comfortable and homely. The showers were fantastic - lots of hot water and good pressure and the room was nicely appointed. The only disappointment was the instant coffee at breakfast. Otherwise, it was a very nice B&B and I would recommend it to anyone. It is also very convenient to the city and you can walk to all the major attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here in late May. We were greeted by the owner at the door and immediately shown to our room. Our room was very clean but also very small. It was only slightly larger than the king sized bed. The bathroom was also very small but clean. There was just not room to put anything. The lighting in the bathroom also needs to be enhanced. There were definitely some nice touches such as the room darkening window treatment (important when the sun rises at 5:15 am. The room was decorated nicely and was quiet. Breakfast was a full Irish breakfast and was tasty but they use a powdered coffee instead of brewed coffee. Overall, this was a nice friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I picked this B&B because it was highly rated on Trip Advisor and it was an excellent choice! We stayed here on bank holiday Monday. We were greeted by Thomas, the landlord (more about that below), and warmly welcomed. Our room was spotless and we had an excellent Irish breakfast on Tuesday morning. Downtown Derry is walking distance from the B&B, but be warned that the walk back is uphill; if walking isn't your thing, you might want to ride back up in a cab.

Thomas is a wealth of information about Derry and its history, and he also chatted with my husband about the ancestral research we were planning to do later in the week. He and his staff were very nice and gracious, and we enjoyed meeting Ben, the family terrier.

When I called to book the room, I neglected to get directions. We tried to find the house when we arrived in Derry, to no avail, so we finally found a pay phone and I called for directions. Thomas asked where we were and actually drove down and led us back to the B&B. We were most grateful for this kindness.

Rose Park House is an excellent place to stay in Derry and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My review is a little different then the rest. All you want to know about Derry is on other sites, but My stay at Rose Park House was absolutely brilliant. Very close to the city center, just a small walk up the hill and your there. I have been traveling the UK for over a month now and this has been the best B&B I've found. Great room, clean, nice firm bed, Breakfast was cooked perfect and served quick. All my needs were attended too. I asked Mary about some good locations for picture opportunities around the city and she got her dad, Thomas, to help me. They didn't just tell me where to go , but Thomas actually drove me around to different places to see the best vantage point. Wonderful people here. At Rose Park House B&B you aren't just checking in to a B&B, your coming home. Thanks so much Thomas and Mary… Wonderful stay. I will return…. Oh, and Mary, I went back to Peadar's last night. It was like wonderful again, when I walked in the door, the barkeep said, Well hello Ryan, ya in for a wee bit of fun tonight…. and Fun was had. again. Great recommendation. If you want a LEGEN-DERRY experience, stay at Rose Park House. Book early, these folks will fill up fast.

Room Tip: I stayed in the single, it has a memory foam mattress.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

In the fall of 2012 we spent a week driving the northern coastline of N. Ireland. We spent two nights in Derry at the lovely Rose Park House B&B. The owners were very gracious and informative. The room was clean and furnished to our expectations. The price was reasonable. We had booked well in advance. The food was very nice and they allowed you to pick and choose from a good variety. I recommend it to travelers in their price range.

Room Tip: We were in a building behind the main house, which had two beds and ensuite. Parking was secure if tight.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family