“A Great find”

Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Really central location in Derry. We were able to walk to the main city attractions thanks to the guidance of our lovely hostess. She was friendly and helpful. We had a lovely breakfast and rooms, although smallish were all we required. Very clean and we would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Book your parking beforehand and have a secure place for your car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay to Derry. This B&B is nicely run. Clean and cozy. Thomas was incredibly nice and gave us lots of great suggestions on where to go and eat. We went on a drive tour further north. The B & B is close to the road though. So if you do not like hearing noise of cars driving by and sometimes people outside. While I live in the country I had a hard time with the constant noise but did sleep and sleep well I did. It did not take away from my stay or trip what so ever. It is within walking distance to stuff but the hill is quite a killer for those not in great shape. So we drove most of the time. Great place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I apologize for the delay in writing this review. I visited Rose Park House during July 2012 and stayed for 3 nights. The house is in a great location, far enough from the city centre to be quiet, but within walking distance (although the uphill walk through the park is a bit tough after visiting the city for the day). The owners were on holiday during my visit, but their son, Aaron, was an excellent host. He made a lovely breakfast in the morning and had great recommendations of what to see, what to do, and where to eat in the area. I stayed in the single room which was just perfect - well appointed and very clean. I really enjoyed my visit and hope to return to Derry soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 12thNight
Reviewed 4 July 2013

After my first visit in Derry for professional reasons I was very impressed with this B&B and the other two times I had to visit the city I booked there again. I don't know if there are better B&B's concerning facilities, even though the rooms and decoration are lovely, but just for the hospitable atmosphere Thomas and his family create makes you feel like you are visiting a relative ( a relative you want to visit). Most have been covered by the other reviewers and myself in my previous review. I was so satisfied that I decided to give a second review.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Giorgos Z
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed this week and on business, location is superb only 3 minutes from the city by car, hospitality is wonderful with a team who really care about their guest, the breakfast was exactly as requested and nothing was too much trouble!

i'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2013

its a nice place to stay just a bit quiet when I stayed there. It was a little bit far from town if you have alot of luggage and no car like me. however I knew that when I booked and i still think it was a good choice. i would recommend this b and b.

Room Tip: a taxi from the bus station costs around 4 pounds so i would get a taxi as it is up a steep hill.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this B&B. Our room was lovely, nice comfy bed and great ensuite bathroom. The owners were extremely friendly and exceeded all of our expectations. We wandered down stairs late in the night to get a cup of tea, and we were given a pot of tea, biscuits and a tray to take it all back to our room, it was superb. Upon checking out, we received great directions to Galway via some extremely scenic locations that were not in our guide book. It was unreal. The owners are obviously very knowledgable about the area. We were also given a very detailed map of Londonderry that we used to walk around the walls and around town. This B&B is within walking distance to the walls and to some great restaurants. Definitely would recommend to others wanting to visit Londonderry. The friendly family dog also gave the B&B a nice homely feel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple