“exception!”

Price range: US$4 - US$28
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award wining restaurant situated in the Piazza Level of the Millennium Forum Theatre using Local & seasonal produce. Open Monday - Saturday 12-3pm Every - Thurs, Fri & sat 5-9.30Pm All Show Nights Evening Menu 2 courses & a glass of wine £18 3 courses & a glass of wine £20 Live Jazz Music Every Friday Night
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I noticed that whenever I go somewhere with high expectations, I end up being disappointed. This was an exception at every level.

The restaurant is located in the Millennium Forum ground floor . When i entered into Encore Brassiere a very positive impression – everyone was nice and smiling, kept saying hello and asking how we were this evening.

We were a bit early but didn’t have to wait – there was a table available.

We decided to go for the evening menu.Frissee, Poached Egg served Garlic crouton & roasted garlic dressing was particularly tasty

This was followed by the Salmon Pave Saffron & smoked haddock potato cake, chowder cream veloute was one of the favourite dishes on the menu and recommended by Waitress Katherine The meal ended with a death by chocolate, which were fantastic and skilfully executed.

Was I satisfied? Yes, this was one of the nicest dinners I've ever had. Would I recommend it? Oh yes, in fact I’m doing this right now – you have to go there! At £35 for the evening menu and a with a glass of wine it is an absolute steal. I’d rate the food on a similar level with Blumenthal’s Dinner (which has two Michelin stars, mind you) and the service was better.

Speaking of the service, it was outstanding: welcoming, warm, friendly and attentive. They managed to keep the formality expected in this kind of restaurant, yet there were not stuffy or snobby. Well done and thank you for the great evening.

Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at Arbutus at the Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Wow. Thank you so much for your overwhelmingly positive feedback.

We're glad you had such an enjoyable dining experience in our restaurant and to be compared to Heston Blumenthal is very humbling.

I will certainly pass your comments on to our whole restaurant team who will be delighted to hear of your feedback.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Eat lunch here on a monthly basis. The service is always friendly, the chef very accommodating and the food excellent and well presented. The chef will always go out of his way for his customers. Nothing is too much bother. Have not had the pleasure of eating in Encore in the evening but I am sure that it is of a similar high standard. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your kind comments.

We're glad you enjoy your lunch here and hope you keep coming back.

Our evening menu is as sumptuous as our lunch menu and we have a special pre-theatre menu on offering two courses for £18.00.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family and I recently visited the brasserie for a pre theatre meal.We weren't sure what to expect as we weren't from the area.We were pleasantly surprised.We had a very warm welcome from Paddy one of the waiters who remained as friendly and helpful up to the minute we left.The menu included a section for two people including a main course each and glass of wine for £15,and there was a good range to choose from.The food was gorgeous and far exceeded our expectations.The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly and we will definitely visit again.I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food at a very reasonable price in a nice environment employing very helpful staff,nothing was too much trouble.

Thank you for your feedback.

The pre-theatre menu is very good value for money and a favourite among theatre goers. I will certainly pass your feedback on to your waiter Paddy, too.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I went with my family to the Millennium Theatre in Derry to see the African Children's Choir supported by the Barazina Youth Choir (of which our grand daughter is a member) on Saturday 12th April. We had a pre-theatre meal in the Encore Brasserie. Excellent food, served promptly and hot. All the staff were very polite and nothing was too much trouble. Particularly Paddy our waiter who has us laughing with his amusing banter. There were children from the choirs dining and he had them in fits of laughter. The price was definitely right- 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine @ £15.00 per couple! and the beer is ice cold too. We will definitely be back.

Thank you for your kind comments.

The pre-theatre menu is very good value fro money and we're glad you enjoyed it. Of course, we will pass your lovely comments on to Paddy.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

went to the jazz supper club last night with girlfriends and enjoyed a great evening.the staff are brilliant,nothing is too much bother,the meal and wine was delicious.we eat often in the Encore Brasserie and it never disappoints,Ursula McHugh and her pianist Deirdre put on great entertainment and encouraged everyone to join in.my cousin came from Dungiven and said it was worth it.

1  Thank Mary H

Thank you for your kind comments.

We have received very positive feedback from our Jazz Supper Club sessions so we're glad you enjoy them too. Ursula is always favourite among our customers.

Look forward to welcoming you (and your cousin) back very soon.