“Best conference service I have ever had!”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I run between 60-80 evening educational seminars all around the UK and I have to say the service at the event held at the Everglades Hotel has to be the best I have ever had. I am used to the hotel staff manning the food and drinks stations as we request but James' team were very organised, had everything out on time and actually engaged with my customers to ensure they had a relaxing night. James was very attentive, friendly and accommodating. His team were friendly and made sure guests had their drinks topped up regularly and food cleared for desserts to be served.

Thank you for the great service, it means my customers are happy and I can relax and focus on the job I am there to do.
I look forward to hold my next seminar there.

Stayed: September 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 16 September 2012

This is my fourth time visiting the Everglades for lunch.I have on all the occasions chose from the bar menu as it is very good value for money.The service is very good extra little treats like tray bakes with ur coffee make it feel more special.Drinks from the bar panninis and chips coffee tea and deserts all came to just over 20 per head very good value.The food arrived very quick even though the hotel was busy we were asked continually if we needed anything more or if everything was ok.It all couldn't have been better.The food was of very high quality and the surroundings were perfect.I have not had the pleasure of staying in the hotel but it's first on my list for my next night away .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Myself and my husband stay for one night on the 9th Sept 2012. WE loved the hotel reception very friendly, Room clean warm and large, The bed was BEST bed we have ever slept in!!! AMAZING. We had evening meal in the hotel wish was lovely everything warm and tasted good serve a little slow but we were not in any rush. Breakfast also good choice of food.

Room Tip: Room number 205 is was lovely but was on the road side
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Everglades for a week. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we registered. The room was spotless, the bed extremely large and comfortable
and the staff were extremely responsive to our requests. This is a well run hotel and everyone smiled continually. The food was excellent, particularly breakfast and we signed out with a
feeling that we had really enjoyed the experience Would definitely recommend this hotel to
anyone seeking an enjoyable holiday. Well done to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable and relaxing, you are a credit to your hotel.

Room Tip: The staff are so helpful and understanding when you explain your requirements.
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights as a weekend break to see derry and donegal area. The coastline of donegal is amazing and would recommend malin head very much. However the hotel was a little bit disapppointing. Good bits first. Front desk amd bar/lounge was very good. Comfy and relaxing with a good welcome that felt sincere. The breakfast was fantastic and was a real highlight of the stay with great locally sourced everything and wonderful tastes. The bad. Rooms (allegedly executive doubles) were a bit small and basically a standard with a dressing gown in it. Rooms were hot. Small window with no air con. So warm we had to sleep on top of duvet. Bathroom sink and bath had tide marks in (apart from that the bathroom was clean and the shower was great). Evening meal was ok, but nothing exciting.
Could have been so much more of an experience, but the little things let it down. And at this price point the little things are important.
Having said all that, the area is not festooned with amazing hotels, it is a poor area getting back on its feet after the troubles. And at no point did i feel i had to raise a complaint. Just feel that its just a rough diamond that needs a bit more polish.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We spent one Saturday night in the Everglades while on a city break in Derry.

The hotel is reasonably well-located for exploring the city and surrounding area, albeit you will need a car, as it is a couple of miles away from the city centre.

On arrival the reception staff were welcoming and friendly and our first impressions were that it is a nicely appointed hotel, with a pleasant bar area, although it is somewhat disappointing that a hotel billed as 4 star does not have a swimming pool, spa, or even a rudimentary gym.

The room was excellent, with my only slight complaint being that, lacking air conditioning, it was necessary to keep the window open and, as there are no net curtains installed, we did feel a bit over-looked by the houses across the road.

The service from the waiting staff at dinner was attentive and helpful, without being intrusive. The starters of duck and bruschetta were disappointing - both were overcooked and the duck was served in a very unusually shaped bowl that made eating it a bit of a chore. Happily, the chef more than redeemed himself with the two rib eye steaks, which were superb. Overall, the meal was very good and barring the starters, my only issue was with after being told that we couldn't have a table until 9pm due to the number of reservations, turning up at the appointed hour to find the dining room almost deserted.

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend. Room spotless, with a huge bed that has to be one of the most comfortable I've ever stayed in! Breakfast good and bar area lovely. Staff very helpful and only about 15-20 min walk into town or £3.50 in a cab.

Would definitely recommend.