“Omg total Craig”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stayed over for 2 nights in Derry,the first night was in the presidential suite and it does exactly was it says,,what a room -the biggest I have seen in a long while. We had dinner on the second night and even though it was very busy and we hasn't booked the staff moved mountains to accommodate us. Breakfast is a real treat, I ESP.loved porridge with whiskey honey and cream. Perfect for my wee hangover.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed at the Everglades in Derry for 2 nights in January 2013 with my partner and a few friends. I thought it was excellent. The lobby was spacious and nicely finished and the great atmosphere made me feel relaxed. Our room was spacious, spotless and the bed was really comfortable.
I had thought the hotel was further away from Derry City so was pleased to find it was just a short taxi ride away. Getting in and out of the city for shopping on Saturday was hassle-free.
Had a fantastic meal in The Grill on Saturday evening, the food was delicious, followed by a night out in Derry City. Back in the hotel, we were able to relax in front of the open fire until the small hours. All of the staff were warm and friendly and I would especially like to thank Finian for his excellent service-he really went the extra mile to ensure we were well cared for!
All in all, our trip to the Everglades was a fantastic experience-the hotel was excellent, the staff are first-class. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I had to travel to Derry last weekend for work, but also took in an extra day to see the City. I've stayed in a few different hotels in Derry before and whilst they were good, I wont be going anywhere else next time I'm back. There's a great atmosphere to this hotel, mainly due to attitude of the staff who couldnt have been nicer in a genuine way. Late night bites to eat when the kitchen was closed, rearranging seats to suit us etc etc all no bother.
We ate in the city on the Friday night (£4 taxi fare), but tried the restaurant on the Saturday. Food was superb with a great wine list too.
Everything else, cleanliness, rooms (definitely upgrade to a suite if you can!!), location mean I will be back soon and looking forward to it!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Travelling in Northwest and stopped to use the loo ! - Hotel was so warm and friendly decided to have a coffee - ended up staying for dinner.
Lovely hotel - great setting - friendly helpful staff - delicious and reasonable food.
I WILL be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stayed for one night on business the staff were lovely, the room was warm (once I turned the radiator on) and the room service of fish and chips was delicious. I would definately stay again. One small criticism would be that a £5 tray charge for room service is the dearest I have ever been charged ... even in the centre of London, I was a 30 second walk from the bar!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stayed at the Everglades over the New Year with a group of friends, from the moment we arrived the staff were extra helpful and very pleasant(and even managed to have an Aussie adaptor there!!). We had a great stay and had initially planned to go into the city centre for the night but changed our minds after sampling the dinner in the restaurant (i would recommend the goats cheese tarte-yum) and seeing how cosy the foyer was in the hotel. We enjoyed some tasty drinks in the bar and danced the night away to the great singer that was on hand to entertain us!! I will definitely be going back to the Everglades again and I would recommend this place to anyone if they want a clean, comfortable hotel with a very friendly bunch of staff!! Cheers Guys!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I was in the hotel for one night.
The room was big and very nice (althoght a bit crowded with too much furnitures).
All the facilities needed are in the room and it was clean.
Breakfast was nice with good atmospher.
Recommended.