“not bad - but...”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 20 April 2013

OK. A difficult review to write. First impressions of the hotel were good & friendly check in. Room is reasonable size (we booked superior & told larger rooms were not available which is fine). The layout of bar / lounge & grill is good & relaxing. We booked a "special offer" for 2 night stay with breakfast & 1 x evening meal, which now regret however. The special offer is not so special as based on a limited menu selection. My wife preferred choices from the main menu & we expected we could pay the small difference in cost - however were told we could not & would have to forefeit the cost we had paid & pay full again. After arguing with the manager - we said we would prefer to change the booking back to B & B & were told the price was just £10 less than we had paid for our booking - when at the time of making it was £40 difference. There is something wrong with a special offer - which is making the customer feel ripped off & this is not good PR. We decided to order what we wanted in any case & told the manager to charge us as he saw fit. My wife ordered duck - VERY PINK - it arrived well cooked. The young waiter was excellent & took it back & the manager brought out a fresh correctly cooked duck a short while later. The desserts were excellent. The bill arrived & they did not charge us extra - so all ended well. We felt like fussy customers - but this is not the case & do not usually complain. As I say all ended well - but take care for special offers that may not be! Have to say all the staff though - very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Guest.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel for your not so great experience and also thank you for your feedback regarding your booking. This is something we will be able to review and correct.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments regarding my staff and I know that will mean alot to them.

If you decide to return to the hotel I would be delighted if you contacted myself personally at genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com , so that I can re-arrange your stay and ensure you get the best offer available.

Warm Regards

Neil Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Excellent stay, put the customer first, great food, comfortable rooms, clean and modern. Definitely will be returning. Location is excellent, quiet surrounding area. Restaurant is top class, with an array of choice.

• Stayed: April 2013
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Mck,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I will be sharing your compliments with the entire staff. Look forward to welcoming you back soon I hope.

warm regards

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a City Of Culture convention with His Holiness The Dalai Lama and had a wonderful stay, the hotel is easy to find with loads of private parking and is nice and quiet yet within easy reach of all the City Bustle, the bedrooms are nice and the bed was to die for, i have to say i had one of the best nights sleep ever, super comfortable, But of particular note the girls at reception were very very helpful and friendly, especially Sarah, she went out of her way to oblige my requests for information even ringing around several different establishments for me which helped make my stay so much more enjoyable, also dont believe some of the hype you hear about the bad side of Derry/Londonderry its a great city with some of the friendliest people we have ever came across, We will certainly be back :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Wow thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on here. And Thank you for the compliments. I am sure Sarah will be delighted to read this. And she will be getting recognised for her outstanding customer service to you both. We will be delighted to welcome you back soon and hopefully again during this epic year for the City.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed in the Hotel for a night, food was excellent, service was excellent (Claire and Pat in particular) The hotel proved to be a great base camp to sample the city's nightlife and so many of Donegal's golf courses are within easy reach.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Craig M,

On Behalf of all the team here at The Everglades. We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your experience here. I will be sharing your great comments with all the staff and in paticular Pat & Claire. I am sure they will be delighted to read this. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend decided to treat ourselves over the weekend. I had stayed here before and loved it so though we would go again. The staff on arrival were so friendly especially James he was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and the bed was one of the comfiest ever.

We decided to go down for dinner in The Grill Restaurant. Yet again staff were exceptional. very attentive and helpful especially Pat and Neil. Food was gorgeous and would defiantly recommend anyone to dine here.

Breakfast the next morning was lovely. It was a hot buffet which was great as we were able to help ourselves to as much as we wanted.

Overall the one word to describe my experience is AMAZING.. I will defiantly be coming back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed at the hotel last week for an event in the Maiden City and from the moment of check in to the moment of check out it was fantastic.

I had a lovely room on the second floor; room was spacious and very well equipped. Breakfast the next morning was also excellent with a good selection of hot and cold items.

Got an excellent night’s sleep and can’t wait to come back with my wife!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed at the Everglades this week with work. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Fantastic welcome on arrival which gave my stay a great start. Room was very clean, fresh and had all the amenities I needed. Bed extremely comfy!
Bar service was great with friendly service staff and an excellent choice for breakfast, food fresh and well presented.
All in all, a great warm friendly hotel that exceeded my expectations, so much so I really wanted to stay another night!
Looking forward to my return to the Everglades. Well Done to the management and team for such a great stay.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business