“Excellent food & staff,can't find one fault”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
“Excellent food & staff,can't find one fault”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My wife 3 children & myself had Sunday Carvery lunch at the Everglades,we normally go to the Redcastle hotel or An Grainan hotel but decided to try the Everglades,WOW,the food was delicious with a great choice in all areas,start,main & deserts.The one complaint I have is that I wasn't told about how good it was before,the staff are so friendly from Pat,Ruairi,Emma,Finian and other that I couldn't see their names,we were treated like VIP guests & so was everyone else having lunch,even the chef called to our table for a chat.I really can't recommend the Sunday lunch enough,we asked our children where was the favourite place they ate Sunday lunch and guess where ? Everglades.Yous have it down to perfection Everglades & ill be spreading the word.Ted F.

• Stayed May 2012
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel and in particular my staff and our fantastic Sunday Buffet. Our Grand Sunday Buffet is something we as a team have been working on alot recently and we believe that for £21 and 5 courses, that we are one of the best offerings in the North West area. So thank you for pointing that out.
I will be sharing your comments with Pat, Ruairi, Emma and Finian and they will be delighted you took the time to mention them. Thank you for that. And I mean it when I say "We" appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Neil Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in this superb hotel and I can't recommend it enough! :) When we arrived, we were greeted by such lovely friendly, welcoming staff.
We were especially lucky to stay in such a fabulous, spacious suite and we were not long in the room, before we had a knock on the door ensuring that we were happy with everything and was there anything we needed! The beautiful, little cakes and strawberries awaiting us were a lovely touch and were tasty too! :)
The breakfast was terrific with a great range to choose from and again the service was second to none.
From the friendly, courteous, attentive staff to the great food, accommodation and of course, wonderful location, this hotel really is top notch!
Thank you Everglades! I very much look forward to returning sometime in the near future!

Many thanks,
SJ Cooper

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. It means alot to read that you had such a great stay and in particular you mentioned the friendly staff. We strive to give the best of service and to ensure nothing is ever to much trouble for our guests.
I am also sure the chef and his team will be delighted to read your positive comments of their food.
Once again thank you very much for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed here after an event, great atmosphere In the restaurant very friendly and efficient staff throughout the hotel. It's a short drive out of the City and has plenty of parking. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review of our hotel. I know my team will be delighted to read this and I will most certainately be sharing your review with my team and to note my housekeeping staff and restaurant staff especially.

I mean it when I say "we" appreciate your business.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel whilst attending an event in the City. I found all the staff to be extremely professional and courteous, with nothing being too much trouble.
The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable, not to mention being very clean.
Location was excellent, no noise and free car parking, a real bonus.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and will definately stay again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Try the Bushmills whisky with the porridge for breakfast - a real treat
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the Staff here at the Everglades we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I mean it when I say "We" really appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Nothing overly wrong with this place but far from being a 4 star hotel. We booked in but ended up leaving & staying in a hotel in town. Rooms are small & dated, the whole place needs a lick of paint. The staff are nice, which from experience is the best thing about any hastings hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr McStay,
I apologise for not meeting the standard you required but also thank you for pointing out how positive my staff are.

If you would like to go into more detail your dissappointment I would be delighted to hear your feedback. I value all feedback be it positive or constructive. Please contact myself personally on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Regards

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

OK. A difficult review to write. First impressions of the hotel were good & friendly check in. Room is reasonable size (we booked superior & told larger rooms were not available which is fine). The layout of bar / lounge & grill is good & relaxing. We booked a "special offer" for 2 night stay with breakfast & 1 x evening meal, which now regret however. The special offer is not so special as based on a limited menu selection. My wife preferred choices from the main menu & we expected we could pay the small difference in cost - however were told we could not & would have to forefeit the cost we had paid & pay full again. After arguing with the manager - we said we would prefer to change the booking back to B & B & were told the price was just £10 less than we had paid for our booking - when at the time of making it was £40 difference. There is something wrong with a special offer - which is making the customer feel ripped off & this is not good PR. We decided to order what we wanted in any case & told the manager to charge us as he saw fit. My wife ordered duck - VERY PINK - it arrived well cooked. The young waiter was excellent & took it back & the manager brought out a fresh correctly cooked duck a short while later. The desserts were excellent. The bill arrived & they did not charge us extra - so all ended well. We felt like fussy customers - but this is not the case & do not usually complain. As I say all ended well - but take care for special offers that may not be! Have to say all the staff though - very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel for your not so great experience and also thank you for your feedback regarding your booking. This is something we will be able to review and correct.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments regarding my staff and I know that will mean alot to them.

If you decide to return to the hotel I would be delighted if you contacted myself personally at genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com , so that I can re-arrange your stay and ensure you get the best offer available.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Excellent stay, put the customer first, great food, comfortable rooms, clean and modern. Definitely will be returning. Location is excellent, quiet surrounding area. Restaurant is top class, with an array of choice.

• Stayed April 2013
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Mck,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I will be sharing your compliments with the entire staff. Look forward to welcoming you back soon I hope.

warm regards