“Good hotel”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a Saturday night recently. Ordered a twin room but got a double which was changed quickly enough. Clean. No problems. Friendly. Would recommend to anyone. A little bit out of city but a taxi ride away.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been travelling Ireland with my boyfriend and we loved this hotel, staff were amazing, Neil was exceptionally helpful and friendly, we felt so at home here and everyone we passed had a hello for us! I can't wait to back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have been in and out of the Everglades Hotel now for about five years and have attended weddings, conferences, family occasions and more recently business meetings in the lounge. This Hotel looks absolutely fabulous with its moody lighting, comforting furnishings and modern facilities. It is an asset to the city in its customer service which in my experiences is among the best in Northern Ireland. The restaurant supervisors Barbara and Ruairi are very attentive and take the time to greet you by name and give information about new products, offers and services. Therese who looks after the lounge is also very professional and friendly and her service is very personable, as it is with all the staff and management who never hesitate to stop and greet their custome with a smile. I really enjoy spending time here and would most definitely recommend for business, leisure and city breaks!! What I really love about this hotel is that it is just a short stroll from the City Centre, Major shopping Centres and local Atractions yet it is away from all the traffic noise and hustle and bustle of the city centre. The coffee is fantastic, the food is local and prepared to perfection and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Cant wait to go back!!!

1  Thank Niall D
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My friend and I stayed in The Everglades for 'Radio 1s Big Weekend' and I can honestly say it made our weekend complete! From the moment we checked in we were treated like Royalty and all of the staff especially Niall, Neil and Aaron made sure we had all we needed for the perfect stay. Our room (111) was beautiful and the beds were the most comfrotable I have ever slept in! The staff treated us as if we were old friends and we both felt special for the duration. The breakfast was delicious with an array of breads, cheeses, cereal and fry. We dined like Queens and appreciated the staff coming over to chat to us and tending to our every needs! The shower was the perfect hangover cure and the only negative was that we had to leave! We found the hotel easily and a parking space only a few feet from the door. The thing that made this hotel so special and memorable for us was definately the hospitality of the entire staff. We cannot wait to return again and would reccommend this hotel to all friends and family. Thanks to all who made our weekend so amazing! We look forward to staying with you again in the very near future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a brilliant hotel with great people and great food! I stayed here for a long Weekend In May the service was great really friendly and very approachable, would highly recommend this beautiful hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A very nice hotel that we spent a night in via a tour, so i can't comment on the price.

It was a really nice hotel with a big problem and a small one. The small one was the name ('Everglades, in Northern Ireland?) and a statue of Louis Armstrong in the lobby (what did he have to do with the Everglades?).

The real problem was the location. It was well out of downtown, right next to a busy (and noisy) highway. There was just about nothing around the hotel. The curtains deadened the sound pretty well, but I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to stay there. If you do have a reason, it's an ok place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stevej2001
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and for your "Excellent Grading" 5/5 for our Rooms & Cleanliness.
I would be delighted to answer your few questions you had. The Everglades which was built in 1976 was named, after original owner Mr Vincent Armstrong built the hotel on marshy land, a direct likeness to the marshy land in Everglades Florida with also inspiration he had taken from Alistair Cook's "Letters from America".
The connection with our "Louis Armstrong Statue ", is that ,in one of Louis Armstrongs' famous songs, "Millers Cave" he sings about the Everglades.

I am sorry that our location wasnt what you were looking for , but thank you for your quote "a very nice hotel". We are lucky enough that we have quite a few guests that find reasons to and enjoyment from staying here.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Warm regards

Neil Devlin

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was on my way to Donegal and happened to stop here for lunch and was so glad that I did. I was greeted by a very friendly member of staff called Neil. He was extremely helpful and welcoming. The meal was delicious with a great selection to choose from. I enjoyed my time here so much that I have booked a weekend stay. The hotel is situated in an area with great views of the river Foyle, its definitely the place to go and relax. I highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends