Everglades Hotel
US$99
US$94
Agoda.com
1,388 results
All reviewshastings grouplibrary barhastings hotelsgrand ballroomthe grillafternoon teathe general managerfirst classlocal produceducktop classfrom start to finishcity centrepublic areasporridgebusy roadbeautiful hotel
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked afternoon tea at the Everglades as a treat for my mother's birthday. As a busy working granny of six, my mother's weekend tend to be far from relaxing as she spends precious time with her brood of grandchildren (ranging in age from 11 to 1). I wanted something which would take her away from the rush and fuss of normal life and an afternoon in front of the fire the Everglades, sipping champagne, drinking tea and having a relaxing chat seemed just the thing.
Booking afternoon tea was easy (a few clicks on a website and a quick phonecall). We were greeted by the very friendly staff, led to our reserved seating and handed our glasses of fizz while we waited for our food to be freshly prepared.
The selection of food, beautiful presented, was impressive. From a variety of finger sandwiches, to scones and fresh baked bread and a fine selection of sweet treats, we were spoiled for choice.
We were told if we left any food behind we could, if we wished, box it up to bring away with us to make the most of our experience.
We sat for two hours, enjoying the cosy atmosphere. The lounge and bar were busy, but not overly so. The mood was sedate and perfect - just what we needed and the staff were at all times attentive but not intrusive.
We've decided to make it a birthday tradition - and I could not recommend a more relaxing afternoon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear guest,

I would just like to thank you for taking the time to not only tweeting about your experience but for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our Everglades Hotel on here.

I am delighted you enjoyed your afternoon tea, and the relaxing cosy atmosphere.
I will be sharing your fantastic comments with my team and I know my food and beverage team will be delighted to read this.
Please come and see us again soon and dont leave it until the next birthday to visit.

Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed in many hotels across the world but this hotel, not a million miles from where I live, has to be one of the best. Situated along the River Foyle it is an hotel of high quality but yet it is very homely in its approach. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. The rooms are of the highest standard with comfortable beds and everything you need located at your fingertips. It is near the city, and I have walked this route many times and taxis are cheap. I cannot wait for my next stay to relax in the beautiful surroundings and enjoy the superb cuisine. Top marks for everything and reasonably priced with some brilliant packages

Room Tip: Talk to the staff and they will be only too pleased to help. I was even luckier to have a chat with the general manager who is extremely friendly and approachable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Amazing stay in the Wilson suite, spacious room with all the trimmings, tables chairs sofas, tv, iPod doc, kingsize bed, his & hers sinks in the bathroom! Didn't want to leave the room so we spent the night ordering room service to discover the most helpful & efficient staff! Great stay, definitely recommended & will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I recently got married at the Everglades Hotel. What can I say- it was a fabulous day! Weddings can be a stressful time, but was made easier with the fantastic help of Neil and staff, any queries or questions we had was answered straight away. We'd especially like to thank Niall who couldn't of did enough for us before and during our wedding! If your thinking about a venue for your wedding I'd highly recommend this hotel, with a welcoming lobby for family to mingle before hand with an open fire and with its grand ball room with plenty of room for your guests to relax and enjoy the wedding. We had guests comment on how nice the hotel was and the kids also had a ball! There was a kiddies corner with DVDs jigsaws etc which went down a treat with them! All our guests were very impressed by the meal they received, it was absolutely delicious and had guests say they will be returning to the hotel to enjoy a meal in their 'grill restaurant'. If your looking for a nice traditional wedding venue the Everglades is the place for you! Had an amazing wedding day and my husband and I would like to say thanks for all your help! :-)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracy

Wow, I would like to thank you for writing this fantastic review about the Everglades Hotel. And for pointing out how well my team looked after you on your special day.
I know Niall and myself would like to thank you personally for not only bringing your wedding to us , but for your lovely comments.
I know Colman my chef will be delighted to read that you and so many others loved his food.

I hope you are enjoying your marriage and please dont leave it until your anniversary to come see us again.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the first time. We have stayed in other Hastings hotels and this one is equally as good. The hotel lobby and lounge is very relaxing, a lovely gas fire and relaxing background music. We had lunch and dinner, both very tasty.

Our bedroom had a mega king bed, what a sleep. Total blackout curtains.

The bathrooms need a little attention, fixtures and fitting lose. E.g handrail in bath nearly came off in hand as well as toilet roll holder. Nothing a screwdriver wouldn't sort.

Overall a lovely hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our Everglades Hotel. I am delighted that your first stay with us was a great experience for you and thank you for pointing out our fabulous beds. I would also like to thank you for the feedback regarding the hand rail.
I will be sharing this great review with my staff and hopefully this wasnt your last stay with us.

Warm Regards