“Nice property!”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Spent a night at Everglades in late October and had a nice comfortable stay. The reception staff were very welcoming and the room layout was good. The cleaning in the room could have been better - we dropped something on the carpet and it went under the bed. We pushed the bed back to get it and it looked like under the bed had not been vacummed for many weeks (or even months). Dust on the windowsill as well. Overall this did not detract from our stay but I would suggest that they look at doing some "spring cleaning" of their apartments.

The food & beverage staff were friendly although as the restaurant was busy you had to ask a couple of different staff about getting a drink. The first two people we asked said that it was someone else's responsbility to do drinks they were there for food only. Seems strange but maybe that is how they are operate their restaurant. A simple heads up to the correct staff member would have been appreciated - but not a big factor.

Overall I would stay at this property again if I returned to Derry.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. May I first apologise for the areas where we did not meet our usual standards, mainly in the bedroom.
But I thank you for bringing these areas to my attention.
I will be sharing both your very positive comments and your constructive feedback with my entire team. With information like this I know this helps us greatly and we treat it as golden.
I am more delighted that these areas have not detracted from your overall stay.

Thank you for that and hopefully you are enjoying the warm weather at home in Australia.

Warm regards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

In recent months I've had the pleasure of visiting Everglades hotel for different reasons, mainly business meetings and events. On each occasion the service has been excellent. There is a lovely calming ambience in the Hotel and plenty of quiet corners conducive to private business meetings. The service is really top notch, with ever helpful and attentive staff, always with a smile. The location is perfect as its central for colleagues travelling from different directions and with loads of (free) car parking space, a big bonus. Would totally recommend this Hotel for planning any events/ meetings as they just give that little bit extra!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest

From myself and my entire team here at the Everglades Hotel, thank you for writing such a fabulous review of our hotel.
Thank you for pointing out our staff service and also for one of our advantages which is our complimentary large car parking facilities. And with The City centre walls only less than a mile or £3 in a taxi. We believe this is a huge advantage for people driving up to the city.

Again thank you kindly and I will be sharing your lovely words with my entire staff.

Warm regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

When i was staying here it felt the service from the staff was great, although they were not very welcoming. i didnt really like the room at this hotel it was quite dull, and didnt have that wow factor that i was expecting. The location i do not like it is right beside a main road but it was a nice little drive into the hotel. Although i thought the food was fantastic is was lovely although when i got a mixture of desersts one night it was horrible, the cheese cake tasted so nasty. My partner would eat anything but he also thought the food was not that nice.

i loved the frendly people that was staying there and some of the staff would look at me funny, i dont know why or what there problem was.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted you said you felt the staff service "was great",.
And I am delighted you found our food "fantastic & lovely".
With regards to the slight issues you mentioned, I would be delighted if you contacted myself personally so that I can investigate further. I dont see your name or email in our system so I can track down when you stayed with us.
email me personally on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight in the everglades and once again the hotel excelled in terms of value for money, friendliness and professionalism of all staff and overall enjoyment. The food was first class and the atmosphere in and around the hotel was superb. Looking forward to a return visit. Keep up the good work everglades!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jude0577
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed in the hotel previously, and it was due to that experience that I decided to have lunch in the hotel rather than the city centre. I am very glad I did so. As always, the staff were professional, friendly and accommodating without being over bearing. The bar menu was excellent with a good choice, and the soup and chicken/bacon I had was something I would expect from the main restaurant's a la carte menu. A great comfortable atmosphere the only pity being I wasn't staying! Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ch1nook
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here on Saturday 9th November with my mum and daughter and the hotel itself was lovely, the staff were fantastic and very helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and on the whole the standard was good. However the restaurant on Saturday evening was extremely cold, the food was excellent but we were beside the window and were absolutely freezing, we asked to be moved but it was still uncomfortably cold where we moved to. We went into the bar area which was also extremely cold and eventually went to bed early as a result. Other people in the bar also complained about the cold that evening. The rooms however were warm and comfortable. In the morning again the food was nice although it was not warm enough, in particular the bacon was freezing. I advised the receptionist of these issues on departure as it would be a shame if these things were not rectified as this is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HastyK
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Recently went to visit with my mum. The hotel was easy to get to and the welcome was very warm and friendly!

Room was spacious, clean and well maintained.

Dinner was of a very high standard and we both really enjoyed the pate! There is a wonderful atmosphere in the hotel. The staff were the highlight of the stay, they were warm friendly and couldn't do enough. This is really the best of all the Hastings hotels with regards to service, food and value for money.

Stayed: November 2013